Friday, March 12, 2010

Uncle Adam and Jed...


baby shower 013
Originally uploaded by kbuckley69

What a pair.
That is the hat I was talking about before, the one that Jed loved so much. I am so glad I found it. I don't have much to say today...well I mean I'm sure I could find something..ok, here's what I was thinking about today. I was thinking about Jed singing. He always sang, sometimes real songs and sometimes songs he made up and sometimes just noises. He was so funny. When I heard him singing...in the bathroom or in his bedroom I always stopped to listen. It made me feel so good. I know he's here, I feel him all around but I miss hearing him sing. He would come sliding into our room in his socks pointing his fingers like he was disco dancing. When he was short and puffy from steroids he was hysterical. When he got so tall and very thin he was all elbows and knees.....just as funny and slightly off balance. Our house is so different now.
Tomorrow is when I take Danny to the medium. i know some people don't believe and that is more than fine. Trust me, believing is very hard but when you get information that you know came from someone that is not here anymore....you really can't deny it. If nothing else it makes me feel better and I hope it does the same for Danny. I am doing a lot of reading on the subject. I am not going to start preaching about what I'm reading. It's not about religion though. The main message that comes through in every book that I have read in the last 2 months is that the only thing that matters is how you treat others and the only thing you take with you when you leave this life is love. Everyday I wake up and I think "be a better person, give everyone the benefit of the doubt and take nothing personally and be nice". as soon as I get to work I am tested...and I realize I suck at it!. oh well I guess it's something to keep working on.
Anyway so I will let you all know what happens tomorrow. Wednesday is Danny's birthday....maybe he will get a birthday hello from Jed tomorrow.
glad the snow is gone. I want to get the dirt cleaned up at the cemetery. The marker should be in by early May.
My lettuce, spinach, green beans, tomatoes, and broccoli seeds have sprouted. I have to get some little pots to replant them soon. They are growing pretty well. I might try to start some delphiniums from seeds too. They can be hard to grow but I think Jed is helping me so I will keep trying! I also have to get a load of mushroom soil soon too.
ok, see I told you I could find something to say...i always do. Danny has to come back to work on Monday. He is sad! He will also have to adjust to mom not being there. She made and warmed up his lunch everyday!!! Real meals! I eat yogurt and pretzels for lunch...yes big adjustment for Danny.
Haven't heard anything about Mom's lunch lady job yet. Fingers crossed.
I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you Jeddie. I have never been so happy to grow old quick...hurry hurry
Love J & K

1 comment:

Becky said...

You're growing mushrooms? You are my hero.

Delphiniums can be tricky, but I've pulled it off, I know you can.
xoxoxoxo