Sunday, September 25, 2011

I don't feel like writing but here are some pictures. The national unveiling of the Angel Quilt happened this weekend right here at Wisehaven. Malcolm & his mom Julie are on a quest to take it all around the country....the quilt growing as it goes and next September, for childhood cancer awareness month, it will go to DC. Hopefully the visual of all the faces of these kids killed by cancer will spur on some funding for research. Malcolm & his mom have a foundation called Make Some Noise. They raise money for research specifically. I think that is wonderful.
046

This is Malcolm and Julie...he was so tired...poor guy I just wanted to take him home and put him to bed!
067

Here is Danny wearing the shirt Jeddie made him..
dan & the quilt

The McWilliams were represented at the unveiling! Grace, Meg, Jace, my dumpling Jett and even Johnny!!!!!!! it was great to see them all.
057

The Dumpling
053

3 of our 4 J's
angel quilt collage

Jared even came home to see the quilt...
062

Hop showing us his "good side" Mommo was there too but she dodged the picture...I think you can see Nana in the mirror...Pappaw was there too somewhere...
061

and Mickie came!
060

Thank you to Louise for fixing it so the Angel Quilt came to York and putting on such a great event. Thank you to my family and friends for coming out and being there and thank you so much to Malcolm and Julie for the tons of hard work, energy & time they are putting into it. Malcolm....take a break, play some video games...relax a bit !!!

Last weekend Mickie, Sherry Ward and I went to the beach for 5 days...we only got 1 sunny day but it was fun...
The view from our balcony ...



Coming home was not what I expected..it didn't even occur to me that it would be a problem....but it was horrible..I came home to no kids. For some reason it hit me like a truck. I'm not sure why, it's not like I didn't know there were no kids here...I think I just pretended like everyone was home waiting for me.........but it was just poor Danny who had been on his own for 5 days.. I'm not sure which is worse.

We celebrated A's birthday.....Livi-Mac was very happy with the cupcakes..

I really don't feel like writing much. Savannah was home for the weekend, now the house is very quiet. Next Sunday we will go up there for Harvest Day (a THON event)...funny we never went to Harvest Day with Jeddie...

So anyway, that's it. I have been going to zumba with Maggie once a week and sometimes I tag along when she walks her dog...but after seeing the pictures of myself over the last few months I realize I better stop eating too! ugh...the fun never ends...
Yes, I am still my fun perky self...see?
063
There is just more of me lately.....my near future looks full of veggies and non-alcoholic beverages...oh yipee

Thursday Jed will be 14....14 years old....my little love...I am missing him so much...so so much.

We are going to see the quilt again between 4:30 & 5 then going to the Saloon for dinner....if you want to join us let me know so we can make reservations for dinner!!

Jed.....I can't even say it.....it's just too big. I just want you to come home.
Mommy Loves You Baby Jed
Love J & K




4 comments:

Becky said...

For someone not in the mood to write, you certainly put alot down.

The quilt is beautiful.

Just exercise more. More veggies wouldn't hurt, and switch your alcohol to lower calorie options - bourbon or vodka on the rocks, red wine instead of giving it up....and just work out more.

michele said...

Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your life, it's certainly an honor.

I had the best time and the shore - can't wait to do it again!!


Now, PLEASE stop posting pictures of me! (I look like Patrick Swayze in "To Wong Foo, Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar"

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jackson! the other J's mom is tired and sad! :{ ....but OK!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the amazing pix's of the quilt it was great seeing you and the family. I've been missing a lot..baby head's in special hats. (new & old) Felton Bay Pool Club..so many familer faces. Plus all of those words from your Heart..I think one of my fears has be conquered. Opening the blog once again will be part of my daily routine.

Again, thank-you :)