Monday, June 13, 2011

Hey.

Well I got my beach fix. It will probably be the only trip I make this summer so thank you to my brother, Tiersa and Livi-Mac for inviting us down to OC for the weekend. We had a great time. Danny and I got there Saturday and I spent most of the day on the beach. Livi and Tiersa hung with me for a bit. Liv likes to just cozy up on random families' blankets and hang out. She also randomly just hold other dads' hands!!! Crazy kid. She had a fit when it was time for her to go back to the room....threw herself in the sand...I grabbed her and dunked her in the ocean to wash her off......I am officially not her favorite person! She sees no humor in my sarcasm. :)

002 (3)

The weather was awesome. It was senior week, there was a big car show and the air show was happening....I have never...in 42 yrs of hanging in OC MD seen this many people on the beach. It was crazy.
037 (3)

009 (3)

Danny came down and got the umbrella and chairs set up, got Livi her sand toys and settled "the women" then he went back to the balcony to drink with Adam and watch the show...

040 (3)

013 (3)


I fell asleep on the beach at one point and when I woke up this is what I was staring at......
022 (2)
Yes that is a Stealth Bomber!!!! In person it is unreal! Rolling over and seeing this over the beach was insane! Very cool.

We went to dinner at Macky's on the bay....
051
Awesome drinks...dinner was good too!

053
After dinner we headed down the boardwalk but Queenie 2 got tired, her cold was acting up. We stopped to take a break and for Tiersa to get new shoes...she had blisters...yuck. Anyway as we sat on a bench, I looked around and realized that the last time I was on the board walk I sat in THAT EXACT spot for 2 hours in the drizzle while the boys played in the arcade. The entire boardwalk and that was where we stopped...really??? We are sitting there and Livi-Mac yells "sponge bob" there was a little square of a bob t-shirt advertisement right next to the arcade. Oh Jeddie...I was so so missing you...but I always am...nothing new I guess.
Anyway I was more than ready to go back to the room after the emotional drain of sitting on that bench for 15 mins. thinking of the last time I sat on that bench. Thank goodness Queenie 2 decided she had had enough also. She opted to take the "train" (tram) and ride the "merry-go-round" (carousel) the next day.

While all this excitement was happening Queenie 1 was home living through the worst storm ever! Of course the one night I leave and Kyle goes to work, the power goes out, no fans, no air, her cell was almost dead and so was her laptop. She packed it up and went to Mom & Dad's. Poor Nee Nee.


The next morning the 4 of us went to breakfast, we weren't moving fast enough......
064

068



Danny, "what are you doing with that sugar?" Livi-Mac, "loving it."
071

There was a meltdown when we told her that the rides were not open til later....
077

This is Daddy fake smiling over the meltdown..."oh yes, all is calm"....
076
and me, smiling when the kid is pissed really pisses the kid off more...oops.... :)
075

We then headed back and watched the 2nd day of the air show...and drank...a lot..ok it was just me drinking a lot but whatever....
087
look at livi's face in that pic.....oh geeze

Then we took our family portrait......
088
and said good bye....
089

No I did not drive...it's all good.
We had a great time. So glad I went. Had a few really, really hard moments....ok a lot of hard moments but that is par for the course in my life now....it is what it is.....
Thanks guys for having us.

Jeddie, your absence in my every moment is so so huge but with events like this weekend it is overwhelming. You should have been with us. In person. I know you were hanging around but not the way I want it.
042
Just walking by the Kite Loft was almost more than I could handle. I did not go in...not without you. Jed.....I wish...I wish...Oh Jeddie.
018

Mommy Loves You...forever....
Love J & K

Oh yeah, I wanted to tell you...I got a scholarship for next semester....it is the RENEE somebody memorial scholarship....coincidence...I know better!!!! Thanks Nee.


3 comments:

Becky said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!
That's awesome.


Livi's face is the same as Edie's in most of our family portraits. They must be kindred spirits.

Anonymous said...

Feeling brave, great photo's, love the past pix's of the FBA/Jed pool. Looks like all had a nice time at the beach. Like the comment in re: to your scholarship..coincidence!

Hear and feel your words. See you Thursday with the rest of the stuff.

The water is waiting when the days warm up, once again. Baby dove has taken flight. Mom keeps coming around she must like her nest home. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Still reading -- sometimes with laughs, sometimes with tears, some both like today. With Jeds foundation crab feast coming up I know it will be with both. Charge on my beautiful youngun friend..I say friend but it is so so much more, sort of like a compadre, someone that knows my all....you do..love plh