Sunday, June 19, 2011

This week has been busy. The biggest news is that The Jedediah Thomas Smith Foundation is officially a tax exempt non-profit. We got our 501(c)3 certification from the IRS. YAY!
Thursday we ordered the crabs for the upcoming feed.
Friday was the first day of out yard sale
007
and Saturday was the last day.
003
me, Grace, Savannah, Jett, Meg, Mags, Nana & Pappaw
My mother was there for every moment of both days and she is not in 1 picture...way to go mom...I know she planned that. Justin, Maggie's husband was also there most of both days and he is not in the pic either.
The view from the other way...
004
It was a bit of work but we had so much help. Thank you to my mom, Nana, Pappaw, Mags, Justin, the kiddies, Grace and everyone else that helped. Thanks also to all the people that donated and all those that shopped. You helped us raise almost $1,000.00 for the foundation. Thanks to Min and Jess too!

008



Z, you are the coolest.
015
and I love how you love your sister....
012
Saturday morning Danny decided to empty the toys out of his storage unit. For years Jed and I would go through his room and bag up toys for donation. Then the bags would disappear. They went to Dan's storage.....this weekend it all reappeared...and I had to go through it. Right after I started I realized I wasn't sure if I could do it. The urge to just tell Danny to take it all back was very strong. I was right at the moment where I thought I could not do it guess what was in the bottom of the toy bag? YES a quarter!! All that stuff that I had gone through and I found NO money of any kind but at the moment I needed it Jed made sure I got it! Thanks Jeddie Spaghetti. best quarter yet!
How cool!!
So I managed to get through it all and Saturday finally slowed down.
009
I counted the money....which I know is Jed's favorite part :)
005
and after mom left for the last time, all the work was done and everyone was relaxing Mickie came to visit carrying awesome cupcakes and the best homemade hard lemonade I ever could have imagined.
018
She hung out and chatted with us for the evening...it was wonderful! Thank you so much Mick.
Today was Father's Day...Happy day to all the fathers. Mostly mine and Dan...and Adam, Pappaw and Barry.
019
Danny is taking the picture...so he is not in the dad's day pic...I should have taken it.


After breakfast Savannah, Danny and I went to hang with 3 of the most awesome people ever.....
026
We ate, we played, we swam (floated) and we shared our love of sarcasm. It was a great laid back awesome day. We had so much fun.
I bet this is what Lenny Kravits looked like as a baby...
033
this kid is so beyond cute.
A Happy Dad...
043



Jed and Uncle Adam June 2002

Jed58

Jed57

jed221

011

jed227



Soooo, anyway. That was our weekend. Tomorrow I have to do all the fun stuff...start to get the house back together, check on my online class that I tend to forget about, do the laundry that I have also forgotten about and then head to Mickie's to see Becky and her daughter Edie and maybe Michele and her daughter Abby. Mick and I are the only ones with grown up kids! Mick heads to Texas on Wednesday to see her son graduate from basic training...wow!
Oh and speaking of military stuff, my cousin Kimmy's husband, Tony is on his way home from Iraq...YAY!!!! he is our real life family hero (besides Jed). I was hoping to get to go see Kim and the kids while Tony was gone...I feel bad that I could not do it. Being unemployed puts a damper on flying to the west coast! I am so glad for all of them that he is on his way home.

OK, I'm finished for now. Jed I am missing you..everyday is hard..getting harder.
Mommy Loves you... forever
Love J & K

2 comments:

Becky said...

Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

Saw Jed's picture on one of the Hershey websites a few minutes ago. Memories of him make me smile. The crab feed looked awesome! Sad that I couldn't make it! <3, Shelly