Thursday, June 2, 2011

So, what's been happening here...lets see...did I mention that last week I baby sat The Mac....with my helpers Savannah and Dan...

012

029

037
It was an adventure.

This past weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday we spent at the Chili Cook Off in York. Justin, our neighbor (Maggie's husband) entered into the cook-off and he chose our Foundation as the one he was representing. He didn't win but we had a blast and I think I almost drank my weight in Mike's lemonade!

Sunday we had a family dinner at Mom & Dad's. Felicia and Anai came all the way from Spain for a visit. They stayed with Adam & then I drug them to the ArtsFest in Harrisburg on Monday....yes in ALL the heat. It was HOT! I love it and they seemed ok.
056

Savannah braved the mugginess to go with us.

054

Yesterday we had a beautiful day, spent with beautiful people. Trish asked Savannah to take some pics of my Chunka...oh this baby...he is magical...
chunka

The day with them was wonderful. Their pool's not too shabby either! Thanks Dish, we had a great day.

I know other things happened in between all of this but my brain just cannot focus.
Savannah has accepted an internship with a local photographer. She starts next week.
We are working on collecting items for our yard sale on the 17th & 18th. Many people have very generously donated....thanks so much. If you are in the Red Lion area that weekend stop by and say hello!
We also are working on getting things organized for the Crab Feed on the 25th. If you haven't gotten your tickets yet..you better get'em! The last day to buy them is the 15th of this month. We cannot sell at the door because we need to make sure we order the correct amount of crabs. So get on the stick and order your tickets!!!!
Also don't forget to mark your calendars for August 27th. The Jedediah Thomas Smith Memorial Luncheon is that day...it is the event of the summer don't miss it!!! We are still accepting silent auction donations.
My new school friend Sharon, has offered to help us with the financial set-up of the foundation. She is in banking and is going to help us set up our books. She also is trying to find us an accountant to help us. Even if it's just a initial free consultation to get us headed in the correct direction that would be great. If we find someone that is willing to donate more of their time that would be FAB. Sharon's offer is very generous and much appreciated..I love having a true pro helping us with this part.
So that's what has been happening here. The flowers are blooming, there are tomatoes on one of the plants and flowers on all of them. I have lettuce coming out of my ears and we even have had a few strawberries (like 5) ! I wish the true owner of these veggies was here....
2438684959_73a30f0035

Jed82
The weather has been awesome..I love the heat and the sun...but it is just not enough to clear away the grey for me. Nothing can do that...but Jed. I miss my love more every day. That is not just a dramatic statement....it is the truth. Every day is harder. Everyday I miss him more. The fact that that is even possible is crazy. I wonder if I will ever feel not broken? I'm thinking no, how could I feel not broken when I am broken. I am grateful everyday for my 12 years with Jed...and being broken by his absence is now part of who I am. So I think I will keep the "broken" and learn to live with it the best I can.

Poor Danny has to work tomorrow....hate that place. He thinks he might be laid off soon. That is good and bad. Savannah will be the only one with a job....hahahha..oh my. oh well, whatever, we will figure it out.

Sweet baby Jed....the missing is soooo big. I hope you are scootering and playing and growing a garden. Give Jackson a hug, Jaz too..the sad thing is I could keep writing names for a very long time...just hug them all...from the mommies and daddies stuck here without them.
Mommy Loves you Sweet Potato...always
Love J & K


No comments: