Friday, June 6, 2008

Hey. Jed is snoozing away in my bed! He went to Grace & Jim's this morning about 10:30 to spend the day and swim but he was back here before 1pm. He was throwing up and looks very pale. His counts are pretty good though..well, his white count is not great, it's 1. His hmg, which I was worried about has gone up since Tuesday. I know all this because I drug him to clinic for blood work yesterday. Oh my this place was NOT the place to be yesterday morning! Saying he was angry is a major understatement. He refused to go, kept saying " I feel fine, I will not go!". Well I guess I should say he was yelling......very loudly. So after I threatened to take away anything with a screen for a few days he stomped out to the car. When I hurried out behind him I kicked the back gate to push it open and a screw sticking out on the bottom went right into my toe...hurt. (was that my punishment for being mean to the sick kid?!) Needless to say when his counts came back and he didn't need any blood I got a great big "Told ya so"! I just kinda thought he looked weird, I can't even describe it, he just looks "not right". Of course when we got the counts back and he was fine I felt much better......but now he's feeling yucky. I am hoping he is just tired.
Today was Savannah's last day of school. she had a half day and then came home to take a nap. She just left..not a happy camper, I asked her to go to the store and get ginger ale and some other stuff. She was stomping around & said, " I don't want to go to the store". I said, "well I don't want to pay your car insurance but I do". So between yesterday and today I am making huge points with my kids! Oh well.
On a bright note Jed's room is almost empty! Unreal! His bed, desk, a shelf and a toy box are still in there. Grace is taking the toy box thing for Jase & the shelf goes in the basement. The desk will have to stay in the room, they can just cover it. The bed has to stay until Tuesday. If his counts are too low to be admitted I'm not sure what we will do! I can't wait for him to see his new room. He is getting a bigger bed and some other furniture. This whole thing is just too cool! Again, I have to thank Amy Dietz! DJ dropped off Jed's stuff from his desk today. He also brought Jed a memory book from this year. The Dietz family put a note to him in the well wishes spot! SO nice! Thanks guys!
In the process of emptying Jed's room I also had to slightly organize the other room to store his stuff. Believe me when I say slightly! I have a big pile of stuff for donation. I will call Amy so she can take it to her church. Lots of little toys & games..all new! There was just so much stuff in there! I guess that's it. I thought the kids & I would go out to eat for the last day of school...we always do, but Jed is sick and Savannah is going out....that saves a lot of money, I think I'll have Captain crunch!
Dan and I are supposed to go to VA to see Tom Petty on Sunday! It's my birthday gift from him. the concert is Sunday night & we are staying until Monday.....well that's the way it's supposed to happen..we will just see how it all plays out!
So that's all that's going on here. I hope Jed is just worn out & will fell better after some sleep.
Love Jed and Kristin
My roses on the side of the house are going crazy! I got lucky this year!

No comments: