Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hi everyone. Jed got his spinal tap with no problems. His back is a little sore today and he is tired but other than that he is doing well. His blood counts look good, except for his hemoglobin, it's right on the line. Have to keep an eye on that. I will start packing up his room tomorrow. I can't wait to see the results of Jed's room make over!
I forgot to mention that last Saturday he went to my mom's and learned how to make her famous spaghetti sauce. Of course he is telling everyone how he made it "just a little better"! Monday evening Savannah and I went out..I had to buy a bathing suit..YUCK! Somehow I lost my old one (the only one I had) so I was forced to try on bathing suits..fun fun. Jed had eaten dinner with Grace but when we got home he was waiting for me to start the grill (AT 8PM) because he had been marinading chicken. He would not tell us what it was soaking in but when it turned out very good he started naming off all these different spices and 2 different salad dressings~ It really was good but I am hoping he was exaggerating when he named all the stuff he soaked it in!
School ends on Friday...not that that effects Jed! I am waiting for word from the ED center about Jed's summer tutoring. Amanda, the teacher that was tutoring him, had 2 back surgeries. She is healing and wants to tutor Jed over the summer so he will be ready for school in the fall. I am hoping he can start at least half day. I know everyone with the school is busy right now because it's the end of the year but all they really have to do is say "ok, Amanda can tutor Jed". I would think it's not that big of a deal, he had a tutor last summer. I hope to hear from them soon. When I set up his tutoring this past fall the principal suggested withdrawing him from school until he was ready to come back and pursuing home schooling on my own...HA I can barely add! Thank goodness Amanda volunteered to take it over, we are hoping she can come back this summer. Both of my kids have had her as a teacher and really love her. So we'll see what happens.
Savannah and Cassie are off to the beach on Monday. They are staying with relatives...not mine (Nana & Pappaw's). Rehoboth is much calmer during senior week than Ocean City and Savannah is much smarter than I was at that age so I know she will be fine. They'll have a blast.
I want to take Jed to the beach (now that I have a bathing suit) but trying to find a week that we are fairly sure will work is next to impossible. I am looking at maybe a long weekend but that is more expensive than a whole week in a condo! I will keep looking though! We ARE going this summer even if it's just for a couple of days. Don't laugh if I'm still saying that in October! Anyway, summer is starting...YEA! Everything seems much better in the sun! I guess I better go do more laundry...why is there always MORE laundry?! & why am I the only one awake in my house at 6:30 in the evening? Everyone is napping...not me!
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: