Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hi. Well we are still home. I was really unsure last night if we would stay here or go back. He woke up feeling pretty good. He decided he wanted to go to Grace' but changed his mind before she got here. He is just worn out & when he realizes he can't do something he really wants to do he gets very upset. He doesn't understand that he can't get this chemo and run right out the next day, this is hard core crap. Just coming home from the hospital is exhausting. He did go to see Miss Livie-Mac with Savannah today. Mommo was babysitting for a few hours so they went to "help" which means play with the baby! I ended up down there too! Of course as soon as I walked in they handed her over with a VERY full diaper, nice. She did her thing..fell asleep and my kids did what they do best..cleaned out Adam's fridge! I hope he didn't want that left-over pizza!
When we got home yesterday Mommo had put the Penn State sheets, comforter, pillows and rug in Jed's room. He was thrilled! Today she and Hop bought him a mattress cover and storage bins for under the bed & a new garbage can! Danny ordered a TV stand and a little cabinet that should be here next week. As soon as we get it all together I will post pictures. I also have some pics of Jed with the 2 design people that painted his room and got him his new bed. I'll put those up later too. So as of right now we could stay home and all will be fine or we could leave at any time to go back to the hospital. I have no idea what is going to happen. Even as the effects of the chemo start to dissipate the shots he's getting to bring up his counts cause bone pain...he just doesn't get a break. I am still hoping he is well enough to leave on Wednesday for the beach. I know he will have fun when we get there but he's worried about being to far from Hershey..I am too! So we are still in limbo mode with all that.
I am in the middle of trying to get all my paper work together so I can go back to work for 10 paid days. I have to do it every 26 weeks in order to be off on medical leave. So I have to get letters from my doctors saying I am fit for work and then after I have 10 paid days in I have to do ALL the paper work to go on leave again. I can't tell you how stressful they make it all. We are shut down the week I am supposed to go back so I figured I should show up on the day the plant opens again...well that is right but I have to go through all the crap to get released to work on my return date...I guess the medical dept people have to work during our shut down. It will be nice to actually get a few pay checks, just enough to get used to it! I am super stressed that Jed will be inpatient when I have to work. I am panicking even thinking about being away from him all day. Mommo is going to come stay the days with him and I will just go to and from work from the hospital. It's going to take me almost 3 weeks to get 10 paid days in because we have clinic every Tuesday...unless he is in the hospital. Oh well what am I going to do? Gotta do what I gotta do I guess! Yipee. I doubt I'll win the lottery before July 3rd.. :(
Well I have to go now, I have the pleasure of waking a sick child to give him a shot that makes him sicker...cancer sucks.
Speaking of cancer sucking a big hello to Danny's mom..Jean and LV's mom..Roxanne, both are fighting this sucky disease along with Jed..oh and Janiece, she is our child life expert at clinic. Hi guys, lots of love.
Ok I've got to go get this shot over with. Love Jed and Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jed, I bet it's hard to not be able to do everything you want to to but we need you to get better! Your room sound soo cool! I'd love to see some pictures of it! Woo PSU room! Sound's awesome! Stick it out!


Kristin, you are always amazing. Jed and your family are in our hearts and minds all the time.

-Christie