Saturday, December 27, 2008

Hello!Welp Christmas is over....now I have to put all the stuff away! I spent today in Jed's room, cleaning, organizing (not my forte) changing sheets...all the fun stuff. Danny and Jed spent today at the game store.... trading, returning, shopping. My poor mother spent the day in the ER in Baltimore. My grandmother's significant other is having issues due to prostate cancer and Gram spent the day in the ER with him yesterday and they sent him home. He called and needed to go back in this morning but Gram didn't feel so good. Jack would not take an ambulance so mom went down to pick up gram, then pick up Jack to go the the er. After they are there like..5 hours Gram starts to feel really bad... so they admitted her! Jack got sent up to a room and had to have some procedures done, Gram stayed in the ER getting fluids and stuff. Gram is home now, Jack is staying a little while, mom is home...yea mom! She has not had a relaxing holiday break yet! She fed us 2 meals on Christmas day and another the next day. The breakfast Christmas morning was for 14 of us! Dinner was for 8 and lunch the next day was for 7...she has been busy, not to mention all the wrapping she did for the usual mountain of gifts. I am going to either go over or send Savannah over to help her take down all her stuff and then I hope she spends the rest of her vacation reading and relaxing!
Christmas eve was nutty, it is the 1 time of the year that I cook something for others...I am not known for my culinary skills. I make chicken, shrimp and broccoli Alfredo...yummy, don't even start to count the calories and fat...i can't count that high. Our thing here is kinda like, anyone that doesn't have anything to do or doesn't want to do what they have to do can come here and hang out. This year we hit a record number....very cool...17! Those of you that know my house know that it had to be a little crazy..my house is not big.....not even kinda! I think everyone had a fun time, I did! It was nice because my kids got to have both sets if grandparents here and Jim and Grace which is like a third! Yes, that means my ex's parents came for dinner. They are wonderful and they put the kids first no matter what so we get along very well. Danny did ALL the dishes that night..what a guy! Jed did well Christmas eve, Christmas morning he woke up almost chipper and after we opened gifts from Santa we went to my parents for breakfast. We spent the day there and opened gifts, then had dinner. Jed was OK until we got home then he had a little melt down. He just cried and cried, nothing was right. When he gets like that you can't fix anything for him and nothing you say makes it better, he just has to cry it out. Poor guy. The next day we were all supposed to go back to my parents because my brother didn't open gifts there the day before, he went to his in-laws. Jed could not go, he was so wiped out. He slept all day and then about 3:30 pm he got up and I took him to the game store....all 3. The first was so crowed you couldn't get in the store. The upstairs one at the mall was so packed people were bursting out and the downstairs one had a line out into the mall. We got in the line in the upstairs store and waited...almost a half an hour. He got his PS3!!!!!!! I usually just go out and let him do his trading and buying but I stayed because the fat guy behind us kept pushing Jed with his belly! It's good I was right there, by the time Jed was ready to pay he was shaking so bad he could count his money and he was soooo pale. I thought he was going to pass out. We grabbed the PS3 and ran home. He didn't even want to hook it up...but Danny did! Jed got better after he had some Domino's...you know the life blood of Jed Smith...pizza. He watched Star wars with Savannah and her "friend" Kyle. Savannah is happy because she got her new phone. I liked it so much when it came in the mail that I thought about keeping it!
So that was our exciting holiday, now we just have to un-decorate! Thanks again to all those that sent cards and gifts to Jed, mail is something he always loves to get. When he got my parents card in the mail he came running in "read this read this" it was a nice card saying what a light he is in their lives and stuff like that. Jed was teary eyed saying aaww that is so nice! He loves his mail so thanks to all. Mrs. Kirby again, you went above and beyond...Jed is still blown away with the Thanksgiving card you sent! I think that's it now..I am going up to watch the Rolling Stones movie.....Jed is kickn' back waiting for his pudding to set up!! He got a knife set and baking stuff for Christmas and he was sooo excited. Savannah said it was just wrong for an 11 yr old to be hugging a box of knives! Savannah just ran in and back out...oh the life of a teenager!
Thanks again to everyone for helping to make our Christmas wonderful. Hope you all had a great one too.
Love Jed and Kristin (new link for christmas pics up on the right)

No comments: