Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hey, Hi. I know it's been a whole week....sorry. Jed felt yucky all last week after chemo. It really hit him on Thursday. He was poopy and pukey for a couple of days. I think along with the chemo yuckies he also had a mild virus. Danny was sick for over a week and I think Jed had some of whatever Dan had. Jed felt pretty good on Sunday. Grace and Jim took him to pick out our Christmas tree and some garland. They took him out to eat and then came here and helped put up the tree. I love that they do this! Jed was VERY tired Sunday night! On Monday he was cranky, clingy and emotional. he just didn't feel well. Yesterday he had a hard time. He felt yucky and he was stressed because he knew he was going to feel worse. he is getting cytoxin every week, that's the drug that takes all day. Actually, the drug only takes an hour or so but the pre-hydration and post hydration take hours. The other drug he is getting every week right now is vincristine. This drug makes him hurt. He sometimes can't even stand to be touched. Needless to say this adds to his stress about pain. Thank goodness he gets phenergan and ativan as pre-meds for this infusion...he sleeps. Only gets up to pee. This time though he came home is scrubs because he was a little stoned and couldn't quite get his pants down in time...poor guy. Just adds to the fun! I love the kiddie scrubs, they have little tigers on them...Jed does not love them...at all! So Yesterday was not great, it could have been much worse but it still wasn't great. He did eat on the way home, I was shocked! We stopped at McD's because dad and I were starving. Jed wanted a hot dog but decided a milk shake and a fruit and walnut was needed to hold him over until he could get the hot dog....which had to come from Five Guys! While we were at clinic the Christmas elves ( Grace and Jim) put up my garland on our porch!!!! YEa!!! it looks great! I can't tell you how wonderful to was to come home and have it done!! So anyway, he did eat pretty well but he hurt so bad he came home and took a nap from 5-8 in my bed because it's softer. I woke him at 8 for the last Biggest Loser!!!! He then went to sleep in his room & came back to ours about 1am. I went to his because he is just too big now to fit 3 in our bed! He slept until almost 3:30 pm today! He woke up much better than I anticipated. We ran to the store and to the Pride to eat..he was hungry and there was nothing in the house that he wanted...of course. He helped me finish the tree. Now he is eating ramon noodles and resting in bed. He seems to be better but he got tired very quickly. Maybe most of the really bad stuff last week was because of a virus and this week will be better.
Savannah, Jed and I made dough ornaments to take up to the hospital next week for kids to paint. It was an adventure! We made some for ourselves too and have been painting and decorating our dough for days!!! Not too bad I have to say. We are definitely not pros though! I guess that's all the news, not very exciting! Our house looks like a bomb went off, all the Christmas stuff is up here and all the dough decorating stuff is spread around plus all the regular messy stuff. Cleaning is what I need to do tomorrow...I don't want to! Oh, well. Ok, gotta go.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: