Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hey. Today the kids had Christmas at Nana and Pappaw's..(the Smith's). Aunt Mindy, Uncle Barry and Dakota came down to celebrate with them. I just have to say, thank god for Aunt Mindy! I was so stressed out this morning. Here's why: When we left clinic on Tuesday I forgot to get Jed's prescriptions. Great, yea me. I realized it Tuesday night and emailed Denise, our nurse. She told me Wednesday that she asked the pharmacy to mail it out registered mail. Jed took his last morphine this morning before heading to Nana's. I waited all morning for the mail man so I could sign for Jed's morphine....the mail man did not have it....aaaaaahhhhh, oh no, huge panic. I called the after hours number and that requires calls back and forth that can take over an hour. I finally talked to the Dr. on call and he called my pharmacy here in town to give Jed a small emergency supply.....they have done this before but this time they said no because it was narcotics and they had to have the actual prescription mailed to them and in their hands in less than 48hrs...well it's Saturday so that ain't happenin'. So my 5 minutes of relief was shattered when the Dr. called back to tell me this. He said the only alternative was driving to Hershey and picking up an emergency supply and the original prescription should arrive on Monday. It was 12:50pm, the pharmacy at Hershey closes at 2pm....it is an hour away from us...without traffic..........oh god. Danny said he would run up there, if I get another ticket I could lose my license. I was a little stressed out, I felt bad that I had him make that run and that he was going to have to hurry and could get a ticket and still not make it. Then I get a phone call from Savannah, Jed says he is too sick to make it home and I need to bring him some meds ..NOW, well, I have no car....Danny is driving it and besides Jed can get home quicker than I could get stuff together and get down there anyway even if I had a car! Jed is sobbing and he and Savannah are headed home. Now I am stressed thinking about Jed freaking out in the car with Savannah driving, I know there had to be lots of yelling. They made it home in one piece and I gave Jed some other meds for his belly..and he goes up to lie down. Savannah hands me a bag with gifts for me...from my ex-in laws..love them! Starbucks gift card.... whooohooo! and from Mindy and Barry and Dakota....a huge bottle of Pina Colada mix...it already has the rum in it...brilliant, beautiful! I got some ice and dumped some in the blender, poured it into a huge glass and presto...no more stress! Actually Danny called while I was blending and said he got the meds, the original prescription, they never did mail it..and he was on his way home. I drank my HUGE glass of pina colada and now.....I feel nice and calm, a beautiful thing! So that's my story for the day. Jed is still kinda miserable, belly hurts, poopy and cranky. Poor guy. at least he is home in his bed now. I'm sorry he can't have a big glass of pina colada too. Danny will be here soon and Jed can have some pain meds. It must be hard being sick and having a mother that forgets to get you needed meds....nice. Thanks Mindy for my Pina colada dinner, yummy! Maybe one day I will have it all together enough to not forget VERY imortant things....I hope, poor Jed.
Love Jed and Kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I'm sorry to hear about your stressful day. But it all worked out in the end.

P.S. Early Christmas? No fair!

Liz said...

what a day! just think about all the days you DO remember the meds, right?
i miss you all. a lot and we will set up a day to come before i go back to school (if im allowed to take the car back..my parents are worried- i wonder why?)

i posted my address at home on your facebook wall.
the gamma phi address is:
108S Haller Hall
University Park, PA 16802

talk to you soon and hugs all around :0)