Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hi all. So the most recent info is.....we are still here. But anyway, his counts have not improved but he has not had a fever since the one he had Tuesday night. He is now having some stomach issues but I am hoping that is due to the antibiotic and not a bug. All his cultures are negative so far. If they are still negative tomorrow and he is still fever free I am going to lobby HARD to get out of here. They are leaning toward starting him on neupogen to help his counts...that means shots at home...yuck. The hope is tomorrow his counts will have improved..even just a little bit and they will forget the neupogen. He is sleeping a lot. Watching cartoon network right now. He ate some of his dinner and has eaten some dry cereal. That is about all the excitement here in the Bat Cave. Danny came up last eve and brought our stuff, he took off half day today and came up to hang out. Saturday is the big "holler in the holler" at Grace and Jim's so we'd like to be out to enjoy the party.
Savannah just called me asking if I was buying a house on the beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish. She said there were calls from a couple of people about beach houses and they were from Puerto Rico....No, no such luck, we are not moving to the beach I have just been researching some vacation spots. Danny wanted to take me to Vegas the week before Thanksgiving, we are layed off and Jed will be finished with treatment. Danny thought it would be a great time for he and I to have a just grown-ups trip. Well Vegas sounds fun but not my idea of a relaxing trip...and besides it will be November...I want warm and beach and sand...so i am looking at Vieques...a little island off the coast of Puerto Rico. You can see St Thomas from the shore. Anyway...is it wrong to be planning a trip WITHOUT Jed while we sit in here because he is sick? I feel bad and am wondering if I will actually be able to leave and not take him with me. Vieques is like the USVI but not near as expensive. So we shall see. at some point I will have to come to grips with the fact that I have credit cards to pay off and then I will also have to go to work....! Oh and we are going to Busch Gardens for Jed's birthday at the end of the month..taking D with us of course! I'm not maxed out yet though (almost)!!! Geeze that's sick!
Ok, anyway this turned into a long post about nothing. I'll let ya know what's happening with our departure from the Bat Cave
Love J & K

No comments: