Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hi all. Jed is just now eating his domino's....he is not eating the bread bowl he wanted last night instead he is eating pizza. We will feed Danny the bread bowl for dinner tonight! Jed is very tired, his stomach is not feeling so well. So no school today. I am not really sure about tomorrow either but the teacher is coming tomorrow eve to tutor him.
Ok, I need some ideas. I am TENTATIVELY thinking of having some kind of SURPRISE gathering to celebrate Jed's last chemo. I have no clue where. We might just end up going to Chili's for dinner...that is his fave place. I would really like to be able to invite some people that have been such great support for us. I thought maybe the restaurant where Savannah works but it is boring for kids. I would like a playground or a jumpy thing. It will be the 1st weekend in Oct so I am afraid of the weather, we will need something with a roof. I also need to keep it cheap!!!! Sorry I know that sounds bad, but well, it's reality. I just need some ideas. So far I was given Longs park....very nice but I'd like to be closer and Sam Lewis park I am not sure of the accommodations there. Friends have volunteered their homes but I don't want to do that..to stressful for all. I was thinking of having it here....no room, mean dog..never mind. So ANY ideas anyone has I will take, not just for places but for the whole thing. Of course if money were no object this would be easy!!! Gotta go...chemo kid is calling
Love J & K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristin, What about a party at Red Lion Karate? The place is huge and they do an awesome job with acitivites for the kids. There is actually not much true karate involved. They set up obstacle courses and the kids get to punch & kick dummies, have races,and learn a few basic karate moves. Ashlyn's party was there this year and we were amazed at how the owners kept the kids occupied. They also did everything for us like set up and tear down. They even provided popcorn from their own machine and goodie bags. Of course they would tailor the party to your wishes. You could have pizza brought in along with cake and munchies if you want. This is where Ashlyn takes karate lessons and the owners, Amy & Gene are phenominal! If you are interested in this idea, give me a call and I can give you more details.

Another thought is Daddy O's pizza buffet. They host parties all the time. They do not have any "bouncy things" for the kids but they do have an arcade.

My final thought was Falloons in Hanover. It's an indoor play area with special rooms for parites. The only downfall is that it is in Hanover.

Hope these suggestions help!
The Althoff gang