Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Home again! Yea I am glad. His counts are not high enough but he did not need blood. OH the drama though. I feel so bad for him he gets over the top anxious every Tuesday. By the time we get up there he is just about freaking out. He just sobs and says he is in so much pain. But the weird thing is when Dr. Blackall stops by to talk to him he says he is fine and whenever the Dr starts talking about distracting himself and learning to relax Jed says..I'm fine. As soon as he leaves Jed is sobbing again and in immense amounts of pain. Then when it's time to see Dr. Unger he stops crying and says he feels ok and is learning to distract himself before it all gets out of control yadda yadda. Of course when he is gone Jed is sobbing and telling me to leave him alone and he hates his life etc... This freaks out the nurses and they run to Dr. Unger and when Dr. Unger comes by Jed shuts up. I know he is always in pain but he gets so worked up when we go to clinic that it makes the pain worse and it's funny how he does most of this when it's just me or me and the nurses. I hate to down play it but he seems to like just really getting into it! he refuses to do ANYTHING to distract himself or relax himself...unless a Dr. is around, well at least a Dr. he knows knows him well! The whole day is such a trauma. He was so worked up he told all the nurses that he had to get a room because he was too sick to come home. We stopped at Burger King on the way home and he ate a big kids meal??!!! Hop drove...thank goodness. Jed is just as dramatic as Savannah I think. I guess he is entitled to a little drama. I just wish he wouldn't wallow in it! He has been sleeping since about 4pm...wore himself out! Not me, I get to the point where I'm wired! I drug the dog around town and sat in the sun for a little..YEA SUN! Oh well the day is over and Biggest Loser is on.....relax!!! at least until about midnight and Jed wants food! Love Jed and Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jed and co! I am recovering from my surgery. LV took GREAT care of me while I was in the hospital. I will find out about my chemo next week. Jed- you look so much better than I will while Im bald. I hope I am as tough as you are. Love to all of you.........LV's Mommy (Roxanne)