Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hi spinal tap day is over... yea. He woke up in a great mood..not normal so I thought oh good he's not too freaked out we should have a good day, considering he has a procedure. He was fine all the way there and then he started to get anxious and then he felt sick but he calmed himself with a new game on his DS. of course the battery went dead and he didn't bring his charger. So it was back to being miserable. When we got to the OR and when he got up on the table he was so chatty to the girls and Dr. Freiburg. He went out immediately when they gave him his "white stuff". Everything went fine and he woke up immediately after they were all finished. I usually have to wait at least an hour. I even bought a new magazine to read..oh well. He was in a pretty good mood. He hadn't eaten since the night before so we had to do the KFC stop on the way home. In the car he ate 2 pieces of chicken, a half of a biscuit and 2 servings of mashed potatoes and gravy! While he was eating all this he talked about what he wanted for dinner! He decided we would go home, he would find some recipes he liked, he would make a list and I could take him to the store to get it all. Ok, fine whatever you want..what am I supposed to say? I'd like to say "Jed, I hate the grocery store, it takes all my money and whatever I buy is gone in a day. We should eat cereal." Of course that is not what I said, well I might have..in a joking manner. Anyway as soon as we get in the door he runs upstairs and throws up all his KFC. YUCK. Poor guy, he laid down for a little, then he got up and looked at a cookbook. He made his list and Savannah drove us to the store, he shopped, we just followed behind. We saw Uncle Adam. Jed wanted a chocolate shake from McDonald's & I needed coffee (Savannah says I'm a loser because I like McD's coffee better that Starbucks, whatev). So as soon as we get home he runs up the stairs and throws up all his milk shake...eeeuuu. He was miserable, he wanted to cook his dinner but he felt horrible, he was hungry but too pukey to eat and on top of all that he is sore, stiff and bruised from falling down the stairs yesterday. Yes, he fell all the way down. If you have ever seen our stairs than you know how not nice it would be to fall down them. They are VERY steep and wood. They have traction strips on them but he missed it and his foot slid and he just went all the way down..on his back. His back is scraped and bruised. His bones always hurt anyway so this just makes it that much worse. Poor guy. He is sleeping now in our bed, I filled him full of pain and nausea meds. I might just let him sleep with Danny so I don't have to wake him up. We used to all fit in that bed but not anymore, I'll sleep in his room. It was so nice out and he didn't get to enjoy it at all. His blood counts are right on the line but Dr. Unger didn't want to give him blood yet so that means we might have to go back up there later in the week if he feels bad. How do I tell if he feels bad from chemo or he feels bad because he needs blood?! Anyway Dr. Unger was off to Rome this afternoon, he says its for a conference..yea, ok. All in all this day sucked but the weather was wonderful. It's almost 8pm and just now getting dark...love that! So that's the saga of our day...poopy as it was we have had worse. Tomorrow will bring better things..I hope. I just want him to feel better. Next Tuesday we are supposed to be admitted for 4 days of chemo but I doubt if his counts will be high enough. He hasn't really bottomed out yet from this last round. I'll keep you posted. Hi to teacher Amanda...get better soon.
Thanks to all of those that have given or are giving to Mini-THON. We are appreciative of everything. Hildebrands.. YOU ROCK! Awesome family.
Well I guess I'm going now, maybe I'll read some more of A New Earth..ya know that Oprah book? I shouldn't even get started talking about that book. I want so bad to do what it says but..yea right, Biggest Loser is on..much better. Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: