Saturday, May 3, 2008

Whoo, busy day! We went to the Fairie Festival, took Grace with us and ran into Megan and Jase with some friends. Jed was not really impressed with the whole "Fairie thing". It was pretty cool, great music...lots of "Fairie" people. These people are REALLY into it. I don't know, 60 year old men dressed as wood fairies, and mythical creatures is just a bit weird for me. It was cool to do something different. Oh, and when we parked to go in, the guy in the car next to us started talking to Jed about his THON hat. Turns out his son was treated years ago and is doing great now, married with a kid! When he mentioned his son's name I knew I had heard it before. His son, Buddy, was in the waiting room at clinic one time and Dan gave him a whole stack of guitar magazines...this was like at least 5 years ago. Weird that they parked right next to us when the parking lot was in 3 different fields! Hey Holly, where you there? We looked for you and Emily!
pictures below
This evening was Savannah's Mini-musical. It was good. They did songs from Jersey Boys. Of course it's much more fun when Savannah has a solo but it was still good. Jed and I sat in a row with only 1 other person in it and it turned out to be Jared's mom. Jared's family is a Four Diamonds family. He lost his sister, Jen, recently, she would have been a senior this year. I know I have talked about him before...we just love him. He went to THON with us. It was great to meet his mom. Jed was chatting with her and loved the fact that she new exactly what he was talking about. They are just a very nice family, too bad the reason we are getting to know each other is because of such crappy circumstances. Anyway, it was great to meet her.
Jed is upstairs, I hope he goes to sleep soon, big day tomorrow...
TRUCK CONVOY! DJ is going along. Tomorrow is also Savannah's birthday 17, holy moly.
Bed time, Love Jed and Kristin

2 comments:

Meg said...

OMG Kristen, that picture of me glaring at my son is hilarious. I probably do it all the time but I've never seen it.....LOVE IT

Anonymous said...

Hey Jed & Kristin -

We were at the Fairy Festival! Saw you from a distance and couldn't catch you in time. Hope your having a great week at home! I'll try to email you with some pics of my little fairy in the next few days. Sorry for the delay. Love the convoy pics! Happy Birthday Savannah! Holly