Saturday, August 2, 2008

Howdy. I can't believe it's August already. Well, for weeks now we have been planning to go to Boating Day on the river today. I got up this morning and for some reason I looked at the 4 Diamonds website and guess what??? Boating day is on the 16th! Go me..again. Sometimes I wonder how I make it through a week with no major scheduling disasters. At least I realized it before we drove down there! Besides the weather is not great and Jed needs to sleep. He has been feeling kinda yucky the last couple of days. He slept on and off all day yesterday. Danny won't be able to go with us on the 16th because he leaves for California early that morning. I think he is going to rent a car one way to the air port because now I can't take him. I don't know if I would make it back in time for Boating Day. The Susquehanna Yacht Club holds this event every year. They have 4 Diamond's families down to the river, have a cook out, give out prizes, and then each family gets on a boat and goes out on the river for a few hours. We always go with our friend Dave. He works maintenance on 3rd shift at Harley. He has the biggest boat on the river and he lets Jed drive it! Jed loves it! He really looks forward to it. The kids can fish, tube, swim or just cruise. Jed can't get into the water and he gets bored fishing so he likes to drive & Dave lets him! Well now he just gets to wait a couple more weeks to go.
He does leave tomorrow for camp. He packed yesterday. We followed his list and got it all packed. I hope he feels better. He will have blood counts done at camp on Wed. or Thurs. If they are good I will go get him on Friday afternoon and he will be admitted for chemo. He is hoping his counts are still low so he won't miss the last night of camp! He is very excited about it. I just hope he feels ok & I hope he has a good time.
Oh, A big congrats to my cousin Michael and his wife Catherine and their son Will, they have added a member to their family..baby Cate has arrived and all is well. Congrats to you guys!
I guess that's all for now. Everyone went back to sleep very quickly when I gave them the news about Boating Day! I'm awake though. Yipee.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: