Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jed and Katrina


007
Originally uploaded by http://www.flickr.com/people/buckleysmithslatton/

Well, Jed is at camp! As soon as we got there we saw Katrina. She is our childlife expert on the 7th floor. She stayed with us and got Jed all registered. We met 3 or 4 counselor guys that will be in his cabin. After hanging around for a little bit the counselors said "come on guys lets go check out our cabins. Jed said goodbye and off they went! He is going to have a blast. The guys we met were awesome. One is a cancer survivor from Texas and one was a past THON dancer, and morale captain. No I did not cry!!! I only got a little upset when the nurse asked me for his meds. I wasn't sure if I should let go of the bag! But I did. She said "I'm a nurse, I do meds all the time and we have been doing camp for a very long time" so I guess she was qualified. One of our 7th floor nurses was there. Jen, she is a cancer survivor, she has had 2 bone marrow transplants and is now a peds oncology nurse. She met her husband at this camp. He has also had 2 bone marrow transplants and is all gown up and healthy! I wish I could watch how much fun Jed is having on a hidden camera! He just marched off with his pillow and sweatshirt right on up the hill. I could see his little orange hat through the trees! Ok so now what do I do? I need to go get a case of Mike's Lemonade! I won't update again until I hear something from Jed. I will either pick him up Friday morning to be admitted for chemo or Saturday afternoon to come home! They will do his counts there wed or thurs,
Alrighty I will be back in a few days with Camp News!
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: