Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hey. Clinic today. Jed is well. He had counts, they are pretty good. He also had his inhaled antibiotic then Hop took us to lunch. Grace and Jim met us there. We got home about 2 and have been watching the coverage of the inauguration. We missed the actual swearing in and the speech but I watched it on YouTube. If you haven't heard it, you should, it was awesome. I'm not religious but the old guy that gave the benediction...it was fantastic..look that one up too!
Ya know I think I would have had to skip if I was walking down Pennsylvania ave as the new president and 1st lady. I waited all day for someone to skip...I would have skipped. Now as I watch the parade there is a chubby girl in purple with a flag...and she skipped...finially. How could you not skip? It's a skipping kind of day!
OK, anyway off the skipping.. Savannah, the puke queen, is feeling a little better. She was texting me quotes as the swearing in was happening. She is now seriously considering staying home her 1st year of college and going to Penn State York or York College. Smart move money wise I think and she really wants to be in DC. So if she stays home she will be able to focus on making sure her GPA is good & she can go to American next year. She also can keep her job and not have the worry of trying to find a new one while getting settled in a new town, new school and being away all at the same time. What's holding her back from staying home is her ego, she doesn't want to be "the girl that stayed home". I think that's better than the bunch of kids that left their 1st year and are coming home for the next 3 yrs! So we shall see.
Well, I think Jed is ready for his steak now!!!!
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: