Monday, January 19, 2009

Hi All. Today was to be a busy day. Jed had a dentist appointment at 8am, then we had college friends coming to visit and then Jed has school at 4pm. Of course things never go as planned here. Savannah had dinner at a friends last night and called about 10:30 to say she was staying the night. She called again at 12:30 to say she was headed home and didn't feel well. She wasn't kidding! She ended up having a nice stomach virus and was up all night running up and down the stairs to the bathroom..poor thing. She is not used to being sick and has never done it well. She is better at it now. She was crying, and puking. I felt bad, it sucks to be that sick. Being the nut I am, every time she left the bathroom I ran in and sprayed everything with cleaning spray! The thought of Jed getting it or Danny stresses me out! If I get it I just hope it is after Tuesday. I have never missed a clinic appointment, He sits on my lap to get his port accessed, I HAVE to be there, not an option to be sick! So she is finished with the horrible part, that's good, it only lasted for the night. Now she is texting me from the attic saying her belly hurts!
Jed had stomach pain all day. He was "starving" but didn't want to eat. He ate toast all day and then at 10:30pm decided he wanted mashed potatoes and a hot dog. (yup, I was peeling potatoes at 10:30). It made his stomach worse but he said he was so hungry he had to eat it. He had toast about 12am, his belly still hurt. He was up until 5am with this stomach pain. He has had such weird stomach issues since he got sick. Most of them we never figure out, they just come and go. He ate a bunch of Rolaids, took a pill he has to help with stomach spasms and had his heating pad. He just could not sleep, with the pain and with the sicky stomping up and down the stairs and hallway! It was an exciting night! I texted the college friends and told them to stay away from our toxic germ factory, I canceled Jed's dentist appointment...I can't remember when he was there last. I have been so afraid of an infection I wouldn't take him but he needs to go soon. I called his teacher, her son has a temp of 104, so no school! Jed will be sad...right.
Tomorrow is clinic. He has blood counts and his inhaled antibiotic, that's it. Maybe I will make it home to watch the swearing in of our new president....I can;t believe I might miss it, after all this! So exciting. I can finally take the magnet off the back of my car tomorrow...it has a W with a line through it..it's been on there for almost 4 yrs. Yea, can't wait to throw it away!!!!!
Jed did have a good Saturday. DJ was here for the afternooon. They played just about every video game in the house! Jed had a blast but he was so tired when D left he started crying..poor guy.
Ok, gotta go sicky needs water and Tylenol. Jed is still sleeping.
Love J & K

No comments: