Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hi. everything is calm here, I almost hate to say that..don't wanna jinx it! Anyway, Jed has done very well hanging with Hop and Grace the past 2 days. He made cookies with Grace and the next day they all had "brunch" and Hop took him to pick up a game he had ordered. Today he might go to see his little brother and sister..not sure yet.
We had our meeting at work about lay-offs. Our plant is going to lose over 300 hundred jobs. A small percent is salaried but of course the bulk of it is hourly (me). Between Mom, Danny and I, I have the least seniority so I would be the 1st of us to go. I have 884 people under me so as of now I am safe.....we will see what happens. I really can't worry about it because I can't do anything about it. I most likely will end up on 3rd shift after all the moving around has been finished....oh well. I am selling my motorcycle though. It's stupid and kind of selfish to keep it. One less monthly payment. but only if my Uncle Jack buys it. I guess that's about it. Work is ok, my team is being kind and putting me on a job where I am not in the way or holding them up instead of putting me back into rotation....I would be a drag on the group besides it would probably kill me! It is SOOO incredibly loud in that place. I had forgotten.
Savannah is feeling better, she's back at school. She told her Nana that she was considering staying home for her 1st year of college and Nana cried.....from happiness! So we will see. Did I tell you before that Penn State York offered her 1,300 every semester if she goes there? Every little bit helps and since I go at night she won't have to worry about running into me! I won't be back until next January anyway.
This weekend is a canning weekend so when you see the kids on the corners with their signs and cans......GIVE THEM YOUR CHANGE!!!!!!!!! THON will be here soon, next month!
Tha's about it. Take care
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: