Monday, July 14, 2008

Hey, not much new. Yesterday I put the cabinet and TV stand together in Jed's room. We are slowly getting all his stuff put back in. I also hooked up his computer. I have to get Uncle Adam to come over and put him on the web. Jed and Danny grilled dinner, chicken, peppers, mashed potatoes YUM! Today I went to work...oh joy. Savannah left for the beach and Jed made jello cupcakes with mommo. Very yummy! Of course I am trying so hard to not eat them all.
He is feeling ok, not great but ok. He has the cold I brought home from work last week. Tomorrow is an all day chemo. I don't think he will get it. He looks pretty wrung out. I think he should wait a week but we'll see what the Doc says.
Mom spent the day off and on the phone trying to get Jed's tutoring started. I started working on this before the end of May, July is halfway over and it is still not set up. I just don't understand how freakin hard it could be. A lot of the other parents of kids at clinic say their school is always in contact with them, the principal, teachers even administration....HA except for Amanda, Mrs. Kirby and a few others I have not heard a word since last fall. At Christmas he got cards from many in the school, which was great, we decorated the whole kitchen with them, but other than that, nothing. I don't expect constant contact but an occasional call or email from someone involved in his education would be great. Oh, well right now all I want is for him to be tutored and ready to start 5th grade in the fall. He might not be able to go for more than a couple of hours a day but I really want him to go as much as he can when school starts.
Anyway I'll let ya'll know what happens tomorrow with chemo.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: