Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hi all, I tried to update last night but of course the hotspot I had in the room only lasted about 5 minutes. Anyway, update: Jed is doing great. I think I am going to have to have my mom come stay with him for all his chemos. The last 2 days I call here to check on him and he is making a Tye-dye shirt, eating hotdogs, having pasta, playing bingo etc! No puking, not sleeping all day...none of the usual crud! Mommo must be magic!!!!! So maybe we can get out of here before the end of the weekend, it all depends on his methotrexate levels. I hope we are out by Sunday at the latest so I don't have to run back and forth and mommo doesn't have to either.
Our wonderful friend Trish came to visit last night she brought Jed candy and Gatorade. We miss the whole Jackson Smith family so much it was great to see her. The strength and love they give to all of us after they have suffered such a loss is amazing. We are lucky to call them our friends.
Ok, about me...because you know it's all about me...right Trish?! Anyway, my day starts out with my boss giving me a job I used to not mind doing, even though I haven't done it in a year...I was happy for a whole 5 seconds before I realized the tires I used to mount have DOUBLED in size along with the VERY heavy wheels they go on. So instead of mounting 180 tires and finishing early I mounted not even 100 and worked until almost 3pm (we leave at 3:15). The whole day was a struggle and I felt pathetic when I had to ask the guy next to me for help, thank goodness it was Ralph and not one of the morons...Yea Ralph! I have a cold...I mentioned that the other day, I know that crappy place I work in gave it to me..but I must have taken too much cold medicine because my heart started to pound really hard and I got dizzy. I thought, oh great not only can I not mount these tires I am going to pass out doing it. I didn't...thank goodness. I called to cancel a doctors appointment I had today at 3pm because I had to take the car to get brakes, the office called me back...I didn't have an appointment today, it's next week...nice, am I on the ball or what! We went after work to pick up the car, a very old guy in the car place said to me " I have to tell you, you are a very attractive lady", ok so the thought was nice but..lady? Yea that makes me feel real young and the guy had long finger nails...a freak out point for me and to make it all better when we left instead of Danny saying "see baby, other people think your pretty too" he says "wow that guy must really be lonely" Great, now I feel really hot!! Ok so I leave there and head home ( the hospital) I have to stop at KFC for king Jed's daily order and I go to pay and he says "oh sorry we can only take cash today the credit card machine is down......oh great..I have no money! BUT I actually found money in my bag....a miracle. I told the guy I would have not been well received at the hospital without Jed's food & he says " hey how about a free soda" Wow, cool, sure I'll take a free soda! He hands it to me, it's so big it's like a jug with a handle, I take it from him and the handle breaks....all the soda is in my lap!!!! Yup I had to walk from the parking lot all the way up to the 7th floor at the very end of the west wing looking like I peed myself...A LOT! I told my mom I was sticky but she didn't believe me until she touched me & said "eeue, your sticky" I KNOW! I tried to tell you! So I have had a shower, some coffee from the volunteer room and a bag of peanut M&M's Trish brought for Jed...I feel better now. & that's what is important ...right?!
Welp, back to the bat cave for the night and up again tomorrow for another great day at Harley Davidson....I get to mount tires AGAIN tomorrow...whooo-hooo! And I am not even getting the simple pleasure of riding my bike to and from work because I am too tired to battle the highway and turnpike traffic without air condition ( I am lazy).
Ok, gonna go now... Jed is watching cartoons, is there anything else on???
Love Jed and Kristin

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm so glad Jed is home. I was so worried since Thursday when Jase got that fever. Stressing that he had something he passed to Jeddy. Thank God he didn't...anyway, I gotta say the story about picking up your car seriously cracked me up. Nothing like a dirty old man who could use a good manicure. xoxo meg and jase