Monday, July 28, 2008

Hi all. So yesterday Jed and Savannah went to their little brother's birthday party and had fun. While Jed was gone Dan and I went for a ride. The weather was wonderful when we left. Not too hot, nice easy breeze. I always just follow Danny & we just randomly ride. The first little road he chose of course dead ended at a gravel road that went right and left, as we got to the turn the first thing I noticed was that the road was gravel...both ways..oh yeah love to ride on gravel ..not. The second thing I noticed was the 3 dogs in the yard barking and 2 of the dogs were running toward us. Danny turned left and the road turned out to be a driveway..oh yipee, now I had to turn around and go back. Dan went first and of course the dogs chased me! One of the dogs just ran forever I thought he would never stop, I kept waiting for him to grab my calf. He finally gave up! We rode for awhile more and again ended up on another gravel road. I know all these roads from years of riding my dirt bike all over them. I thought they had paved this road recently but they only paved the beginning and the end! The whole center was still gravel..very tricky of them. As we rode on it got progressively darker and lightning started. I was singing one of my little ditties that I made up for times when I am unsure of my riding abilities...Gravel, rain, lightning, I can do it all..yes I can, better than a man! Ok so I am singing as the lightning gets worse and the the sky turns black..really! Just as we got to the end of this road and onto blacktop it started to rain..not too hard, not a big deal I can handle rain. As we went around the corner and headed down the hill into Felton the rain got heavier. Dan started to pull over to put on his rain gear ( I don't have any) :) I rode right by him and yelled "GO TO ADAM'S". His house was down the hill and part way up the next one..not too far. I was worried that the road was slippery so I was trying to be very careful but as we got to the bottom of the hill I just jumped on it to hurry up the next hill to Adam's. Before I went 10 feet the wind was so bad I couldn't see anything, it was blowing my bike across the road! I swear it was like riding through a hurricane. I have NEVER seen a storm like this. I was totally focused on getting to my brother's driveway, I almost missed it because I couldn't see anything. We made it into the driveway, didn't even have time to punch in the code for the garage door we just ran to the side door and stood under the overhang...there was no one home!!! It rained, the wind blew and the lightning was wild and then it hailed...huge hail. It lasted over 15 minutes. We were pressed up against the door..until Danny realized it's a metal door! Adam, Tiersa & Livi finally came home and dried us off and fed us pie...all better! The only damage was one of my mirrors was broken and I have a bruise on my head from a big hail ball. Livi-Mac slept through the whole storm in her car seat! It was crazy. I really have never seen a storm like that! Danny said later,"wow, I was scared to try to turn into the driveway"..HELLO.. so was I, I kept thinking if I fell turning in he would be stuck out in the road. He told me later that he would have just bumped right over me, I guess it's every man for themselves in a storm!!!!! Ok, so that's my big drama story for the weekend.
Today Mom, Savannah, Jed and I went to see Ma-B. She looks good and is still mentally pretty sharp but she can barely get around. She is so small now. She has always been short, but now she is just little. Jed towers over her! Uncle Bill is taking very good care of her, if not for him and Beth she would be in a home...which she would hate...who wouldn't! It was good to see her.
Jed is having school right now. He spent the afternoon making his birthday list!!!!!!! It's at the end of September!!! well, he's ready now! I got the whole front and side of the house weeded and moved the 2 rose bushes I wanted to move. I got stuff accomplished! I made Danny tacos and the laundry is almost finished~!!!! Go Me!
Tomorrow we head to Hershey for a 3-4 day admit. He gets high dose Ara-C this time. This crud gives him fevers. I hope it goes smoothly. He is excited about camp coming up on the third. I am excited for him, but a tad stressed about it, I won't let him know that though! Ok I guess that's it, now that I have written a book! Oh yeah I also got my leave from work approved so I will be off until Jan 22nd.!!!!! Yea...but there is the lack of a paycheck thing!!! I try not to think about that! Poor Danny!
Gotta go, Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: