Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hi ya'll! We are home :(. I am not sad to be home I am just sad that I had to leave the beach! It was wonderful, Savannah even showed up on Friday morning! The weather was perfect, we had 1 storm on Monday night and it only lasted about 2hrs. Jed had a good time. He is VERY tired and spent a lot of time sleeping but was always up and ready to go to dinner! He didn't eat much but he liked to go out. His average beach time was about 30 mins a day! He and Dan took lots of naps, went to the movies and played mini golf & watched the dolphins and surfers from our balcony. He wasn't sick, just tired. I wish he had had more energy. Watching other kids run around and play in the water really made it clear how weak he is. Even just a little wave around his ankles made him stagger. All in all he did well and seemed to have a good time. We gave him the option to go home everyday and he always said he wanted to stay, we even stayed an extra day! He liked the milkshakes at Dumser's and of course the Fisher's popcorn. The last night he bought a little kite and he and Dan flew it on the beach for a couple of hours.
It was weird to be down there without Savannah so I was glad someone worked her weekend for her. Of course as soon as she got there it was instant arguing and bickering but hey it didn't feel right without it anyway. Savannah got him to dig for sand crabs, when he saw one he suddenly decided he didn't want to dig for crabs! He headed back to the dry sand after that! I forgot that he has not spent much time at the beach so I had to tell him all the important things like, don't run past people's stuff and kick up sand, don't walk on the blanket, stay out of the rip tide, put sun block Everywhere because, as my gram always says, "your bathing suit WILL ride-up!" He had to know that Fisher's caramel popcorn is way better than Dollies and Dumser's is the only place to eat ice cream. How to pick a crab and don't touch you eyes after you pick a crab, old bay stings, and don't put your stuff too close to the water because the tide will come in and take it away! He thought it was very funny when we witnessed it! So he learned all kinds of important stuff. I just have to make sure he gets down there more often so he can learn all the many more important things you can only learn at the beach!
He really liked to watch the boats, he and Danny were going to ride on the Thriller, a big speed boat, but he was sore and stiff from the go carts so he opted to just watch. I wanted to take him on the Assateague island adventure boat. They teach you how to clam, crab and you look for the ponies. Jed said, "well as long as I don't have to crab, clam or look at ponies I'll go. we didn't go.! He checked out all the rides on the pier, he was not tempted by them, especially after I pointed out all the ones I rode when I was much younger than he is now! Smart boy! He really enjoyed Thrasher's fries, and thought Candy Kitchen was awesome. He digs chocolate covered strawberries! $5 a stick..nice! Each night he walked on the boardwalk a little bit. Monday night I got him to walk from the inlet to 10th street..pretty good! Danny ran back and got the car to come pick him up. Adam called us when we got down there and we we stood in front of the web cam on the boardwalk so we could wave at him,(and other stuff)! Savannah and I walked back to 33rd St. Why does it not seem far when you walk at the beach?!
I took him by the place I stayed every summer when I was a kid. He really like the fact that you could fish off the deck and dock a boat right there too. I think when he is stronger we will go down so he and Danny can go fishing.
He got blood work done on Monday morning. I know he was stressed out about it but it went smoothly, well after we had a huge problem because I thought I forgot his EMLA cream to numb his arms. I called around to all the pharmacies, no one carried it. We finally found it. Danny had "put it away" in a bathroom drawer., he is always "putting things away"! I KNEW I didn't forget it! We went to a place called "Your Doc's In" and everyone there went out of their way to take care of him. They were awesome, got it on the 1st stick. Even the guy that answered the phone was wonderful! It's a great thing to know they are there just in case we need them at some point.
I guess that's about it. We all had a great time, ok, me more than anyone, but they did too! Lots of little Jed quips and comments throughout the week. He really likes to tell you everything he knows...whether he knows it or not. We just all play along! He told me to watch out for a hangover after I drank 2 Mike's lemonades...over 6 hrs! He is always looking out for others. :) Ok, gotta go work on the 2 tons of dirty laundry we hauled back with us. Check out the link to the pictures and watch the slide show. Thanks to my mom and Dad for taking care of the dog and the house so we could go! We head up to Hershey tomorrow for some much needed platelets. He is turning into a big bruise.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: