Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hi from the bat cave...room # 7264.... here's the story This morning Jed had to go to the Dr's with me. He usually complains..loudly but today he just went along, didn't talk much & asked for Tylenol before we went out. I felt his back and thought " he is hot" BUT that was as far as I went with the thought. I gave him Tylenol and he rallied. We went to help Hop babysit, we shopped for mother's day cards etc he was fine. We came home and he took a quick nap before his sister's birthday dinner at their dad's. When he came down to leave i said he looked weird...pink cheeks, white lips....I told him don't take you temp now, just take Tylenol and when you get back from your dad's we will deal with it....oohh bad mommy..or burnt out mommy... he of course ran right up and took his temp...102, huge meltdown. I told him to take the Tylenol, go to dinner and when he came back we would figure out what to do. He went, 1/2 an hour later Savannah calls home, I am walking with Grace so Savannah tells Danny that Jed's temp has gone to 104, Dan said bring him home..she said well I have to talk to mom first.....OK. she calls me, I tell her bring him home....he is screaming in the back round I will not go to the hospital and when I told him he had to come home he said I will not! Anyway Steve brought him home and by that time the Dr had ordered a direct admit...his white count is only .4. I think I mentioned that the other day. SOOO here we are, he is finally accessed.....HUGE drama..poor guy. They just started an antibiotic and he already ordered his morphine! his fever right now is 100. He just took more Tylenol. I will keep you all posted. The fact that I was more than willing to postpone the hospital trip even with a blatant fever def says we are numbed to the dangers! hope the cultures grow nothing and the fever leaves...home by Saturday...I won't get to excited..Sunday maybe??
Love J & k

No comments: