Sunday, May 31, 2009

Gram and Lois
Hi. So the weekend is almost over..:( the weather was wonderful. Yesterday we had dinner at my parents, my Gram's sister is here from Florida. Today Jed went to his Dad's for a few hours and Danny and I rode. (wonderful..soooo nice, we even rode in Maryland for about 20 mins with no helmets before I caught up with Dan and told him where we were!) Jed is feeling the effects of the steroids. He has a lot of anxiety, he is sad and cries easily and is very tired. He also likes to argue...very picky about details and insistent on correcting anything that he perceives as incorrect! Right now he is reading his Thomas Edison book for school. He is spending more time worrying about the fact that he can't get it read quickly enough than he is actually reading. Poor guy. He had fun seeing his brother and sister but they had friends over he wasn't too thrilled with! We just got back from dinner, Gram's sister Lois took us out to eat. It was great to see her and very good for both of them to be together. Lois is 82 or 83 and gram is 85, they are such glamour girls! They were the talk of the town when they would go out to the USO dances! Just to illustrate how picky they are about their looks, the other night Lois was ready to step into the shower and the fire alarm in Gram's building went off. They both put on make-up before they left the apartment!!! So funny.

Anyway Jed is now resting and reading. I am trying to work up to a little treadmill work...after all I have eaten in the last 2 days I should walk until tomorrow!

Today is Uncle Barry's Birthday....Happy Birthday Bar....he is married to the kids Aunt Mindy.

Tomorrow...I don't think we have anything planned for except school at 4pm. I have to call and schedule a "date day" for Danny and I....date day consists of separate psychologist's appointments and then out for subs!!!! Yup we lead a rockin' exciting life!!!!! but we are mentally stable....I guess that's up for debate!

Tuesday we just have blood counts but Jed is stressing about it already. He made it through his 1st week without Holly but all of a sudden today he started to cry and said " I just don't think I can do it again"...I told him..well dude, she just gave birth on Thursday so you are going to have to suck it up and deal. He will be fine but the steroids make him worry about everything. This morning was his last dose so hopefully they will be out of his system by the end of the week. i think that is it. Danny just finished mowing the lawn....looks wonderful. I have to go water the veggie then I guess it's to the treadmill for me...uugghh

Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: