Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hey...so I couldn't finish painting the office because it has been raining for days and it is so damp the floor won't dry. I put a space heater in there and shut the door but I quickly realized I cannot run that heater upstairs and the coffee maker downstairs at the same time...oh the joy of a house built in 1905. So, I will run the heater tonight while I sleep. Hopefully it won't take a week to dry!
I have to move the HUGE table over and paint the other side of the room. This table is a big library table. It is way too big for the room but great for crafting and sewing. The huge heavy top sits on 2 big end pieces. Yesterday I tried to move it and it was kinda stuck to the floor. I got under it so I could push the holder-uppers with my feet. The whole table shifted...with a computer, space heater, printer, and 2 gallons of paint sitting on it. I thought to myself this table is going to fall on me and Savannah is going to come home, find me squished under this monstrosity and I won't even be able to tell her it REALLY was an accident! So I got out from under the thing and figured out a way to move it that did not require a life threatening move. I told Savannah what I had been thinking...her only comment, " I would have been SOOOO Pissed off." Yeah understatement of the year.
So since I couldn't paint or even get in the room I went through yard sale stuff to price it. My living room looks like the drop off for good will. I am starting to have a bit of anxiety about all the crap piled in there. Come on June 17th!
I have 2 things to share...one is heartbreaking and the second is awesome.

A few weeks ago someone on FB was talking about this boy and for some reason I instantly could "feel" him...know what I mean? I'm weird..but you all know that. anyway.

Jack flew to be with the angels this morning...he was 9...
watch this video. He is so sweet and so cute and at the end his smile....when he smiles that smile I am looking at Jed.....after I watched it all I could think of was what Jed always said when a child died..."oh his poor mommy"...oh how true..

Fly high Jack....

Ok and on the other end of the pediatric cancer spectrum...the FABULOUS Sydney Upchurch with her first pig tales since she lost her hair....how exciting... every time I see a picture of her I have to smile....
sydney

Happy endings are always nice...Syd, may your hair grow thick and healthy for many many years to come.

Jed, these days are getting harder....make the sun come out, it doesn't make me less sad but it makes the sad easier to live with...a bit. Missing you my friend...every second..

Mommy Loves You...
Love J & K

"Lord make me a rainbow, I’ll shine down on my mother
She'll know I’m safe with you when she stands under my colors"




No comments: