Friday, May 6, 2011

jed222

Love this picture...he is so nice and squeezy and he is doing what he did often....amusing his mother by doing things he wasn't thrilled about. Jed and Elmo total coolness. This weekend I usually spend at the Truck Convoy with Jed and DJ. We started going the year they started the convoy.

Wednesday was Savannah's birthday and Thursday was the birthday of the girl she is named after. Renee...missing you my friend...I know you are laughing because you are there, looking fab and young and I am here looking at least my 42 yrs..all worn out...miss you
Nee

So I guess if you read Savannah's blog or the Foundation's blog then you know yesterday Savannah and I took a huge step in finalizing the Foundation's officialness.

Picnik collage

So now...we wait....the website says 3 weeks to 8 months....lovely.

Thanks to everyone that talked us up and helped raise the money to send in our application. Savannah and I visited Wisehaven, where the crab feed will be, it's great, it even has a big deck for outdoor seating. Louise is a HUGE help. She is going above and beyond for us.

Savannah and I spent last night cleaning out the computer room, that turned into the storage room...looked like hoarders I won't lie. We found a dead mouse...yes I know..really gross but it is the room that has been under construction forever and actually had a hole in the ceiling for a bit...leaked like hell. It's fixed now. The look on Savannah's face sent me into hysterics. Watching her jump around was really funny. Dragging the old gaming chair all the way out to the alley (I think the mouse ate the inside of the chair and the junk killed him) and scooping up the mouse...not so freakin funny. I guess for most normal people finding a mouse in the house (I rhymed) anyway, finding one probably never ever happens. Well I grew up on little house on the prairie. More like little house in the hollow. Mice, while not an everyday occurrence were an occasional thing. Old houses... We had a bird once too here....ok twice..same bird. Jed called from his room, all nice and casual, "mom I have a bird in my room." my thought was first, birds in the house really are more than I can handle, second thought was pretend like it's not there. So, I said, "no you don't just close your eyes and it will go away." My very wise child said, "mom, yes there is a bird in my room and I can't watch tv with my eyes closed." Thank god Danny went in, opened the window, turned on the ceiling fan that the bird was sitting on and the bird flew right out!! Ten minutes later Savannah yells down from the attic, "mom I have a bird in my room." Oh dear god...is there a flock invading? Again Danny went up and it flew right out the little window. It was the same bird. Danny then crawled in the little crawl space in the eves and filled the little hole with foaming sticky stuff....his glove is still stuck in there. No more birds...yay. Danny was really good about the bird. Bugs were always a debate, Me "you get the bug", Danny "no you get the bug" back and forth until someone gave. Now the bat we had one time...Danny was zero help. He locked himself in the bathroom and stuffed towels under the door. I kept yelling, "come out and get the bat, be the guy." He was yelling "no I do not want to be the guy." Nice. The bat disappeared and we never saw it again...Ah the fun in this house is never ending. Yes now you are looking at us like we are characters on that show My Name is Earl. Oh well.
So back to the cleaning, we are clearing that room and then the room attached to it. That room was a porch at one time, we tore it down and rebuilt it as a room. Construction stopped when Jed relapsed the first time in 2007. We are going to clear it, finish it and make it the J.T.S. Foundation office and my craft/sewing room. The room we cleared last night had pictures and stuff from the hospital that never got unpacked. It was hard but Savannah did a ton. The other room has boxes of Jed's stuff, overflow from his room throughout the last 5 years or so. Ugh. Not looking forward to that. On the upside we are collecting a ton of stuff for our yard sale.computer stuff, tons of picture frames...yada yada.
That was the excitement here whoohoo.

It's mother's day weekend,,yipee. Savannah gave me a cute little bag...I now am a Vera owner. Thanks Fred.

Baby Jed.....every moment you are on my mind and I am missing you.
Mommy Loves You
Love J & K

Oh here is a little something special...a flash back.....
adam chris

Yes, the one on the right is my brother...the other one is Chris...who I stole this picture from. Just a giggle for everyone.

1 comment:

Becky said...

We get all sorts of critters here. We have wrens that have been nesting in the basement for years and sometimes they fly up into the rest of the house. I have to remember to keep the basement door closed, because they get confused and fly up.