Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hello to the outside world! We are in the PICU. Yup that's intensive care..He was having trouble keeping his blood pressure up so last night (this morning) around 2am they moved us to the PICU. Because he is a cancer patient we get one of the rare private rooms but I can't sleep there...Dan came up right away last night, about 2 hrs after he got home from here! Mom has been here all day. He is in extreme pain because of the pancreatits, he can't eat or drink ANYTHING and he has a huge central line in his groin. Needless to say we are doing everything we can do to keep him asleep. He has made great progress today, which is wonderful because maybe by Friday we can go back to our hallway. At first they said at least a week in PICU but he is gaining ground fast.After all these years of treatment this is our first trip to intensive care.Hope it's the last. I really am glad we are there right now though, he has his own nurse, he is her only patient..love that! Dan got a hotel room across the street so I got to run over and shower but I won't sleep there, I got a 45 min nap on a couch today, that's enough. I don't like to be away more than a few minutes. Right now I am eating some dinner and getting ready for the long night...just let him sleep! So that's it for now, when I have a chance I will update. other than the pain he is doing well, his blood pressure seems to be under control. Love to all, Jed and Kristin

No comments: