Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hi, I think it's Wednesday, not completely sure! Jed continues to improve...at least his stats do. He is feeling horrible. The pancreatitis is so very painful. Now that his blood pressure is stabilized he is getting Ativan, this helps calm him. He is also on a fentenyl PCA, we had a few arguments with the Drs over his dosage. Jed has such a high tolerance and even when they read his history they don't seem to believe it. I think we have finally gotten all that straightened out. So he is mostly sleeping. He wakes up every once in awhile and says,"oh great, I'm still here the nightmare is not over yet". Poor guy. He is trying so hard. My hope to to be back on our hallway by Friday. Mom stayed all night, Dan slept in the hotel room and came in when mom left at 5am. I got 2 different 45min naps yesterday and an hour and a half one this morning. That last one I really needed. I have been up since Sunday morning at 8am! I am way too old for that! Oh, yesterday he noticed there was a "tube in his winkie", he was mad that I hadn't told him but I explained that with that you don't have to get up to go pee, he thought that was a pretty good idea! Anyway, keep your fingers crossed that he continues to improve so we can get that nasty line out of his leg and the "tube in his winkie" out too! Love Jed and Kristin

1 comment:

Meg said...

ooo the winkie. So sorry to Jed.
xoxo
Meg