Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hey all. We are home!!!!!! How nice is that?! We left late this afternoon. I have to say leaving there today was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Walking out of there while Trish, Pete, Nona and Jackson were suffering was horrible. But my guilt and saddness about leaving them is nothing compared to the heartache and loss they are experiencing. I have to say the extended family of theirs that we met in the last few days are just as wonderful as Trish, Pete, Jackson and Nona, just a great bunch of people. We are so lucky to have met them. We love you guys, you are in our thoughts always.

I read a blog that another parent has been writing and after a few entries I realized the whole blog was crying, complaining and moaning...I do NOT want to be like that, so if I EVER start to whine too much PLEASE leave me a comment saying so! I realize everyone has to deal in their own way but I sooo don't want to sound the way this other blog sounded! I try to remind myself that as much as I'd like it to be, it is not "all about me"! Besides we have nothing to whine about. Jed is doing great, we shaved his head tonight. He had started handing everyone that came into the room a handful of hair...gross! I was lint rolling his pillow, shirt, and his head all the time. So now he has his beautiful bald head back out in the open. I love him bald..he is just so sweet. While we were waiting for Hop to come get us today we were just hanging out in our room. Dr. Unger told Jed that it was good he was leaving because someone had just come into the ER and needed our room. Right away Jed said "mom, lets pack and wait downstairs so they can clean this room and get the other kid in because I know how much I hate being in the ER and I don't want that kid to wait too long". What a nice kid I have!!! Ok anyway, we are home and he is well. Thanks to all of you for the cards, gifts, calls and well wishes...it all helps! Love Jed and Kristin I have to also say thanks to Dr. Blackall, he is helpful on every visit but this time he was invaluable, especially in the PICU...thanks!
(the spell check is not working so don't make fun)

2 comments:

Meg said...

Can't wait to see that perty shiny head of yours. I'm gonna KISS it!! Go play WII, see ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Everyone is home again. I am so lucky to have Kristin, Savannah, and jed to love. Thank you to all the Doctors, nurses, and staff (people who keep the rooms clean and serve the food). We love you all and and appreciate the care and love you give us. Thank you! Dan