Monday, March 10, 2008

Hi Ya. Today is Monday and guess what his levels are????? ready? ok .25, yes really, they are .25. I am ready to either vacuum him out or wring him out. Anything to get this crud out so we can go home. I had an appointment in York this morning at 10, ok before that, I am not whining just relating the story of my morning, anyway. Dan took off work this morning to come stay with Jed because Dad is sick and can't be on the floor (gives bugs to other kids) Danny got here around 7:30 am. I was ready to go, not because I am punctual but because I was still awake. We got everything squared away and I left to run home to get jeans with no holes. Jeans with holes are not good for appointments. Now I have to back up here and tell you all that I have been kinda sick for a few days...not whining, just informing. So anyway I haven't really slept and I feel like..you know. I drove home , changed my clothes and started to get back in the car when I remembered I forgot the papers I Needed for this appointment. Of course I get in the house and can't find them. I can't blame this on anyone but me..too bad. I search and search, there they are on the kitchen counter..who put them there??? I am now right on time for my appointment but I need a coke because I feel sick, McDonald's drive Thu, I guess I'm not that sick because I ordered a hash brown too. I am 2/3rds of the way there, crusin in my little car, when I hit this HUGE hole, the whole right front just like fell in this hole and then flew out at about 45 mph. Thank goodness I was slowing down for a traffic light. Ok, I pulled over, it's not flat but looks weird so I drove a little more, yes I did that and I do know better but.. I was late! I pulled over again after not going very far because it was starting to be really bad. I get out (at Dairy Queen, they can't even be nice enough to be open) and my tire is kinda off the rim and the rim looks weird. Nice. I can change this tire but it would take me hours. I called Dad, who is sick, by now I am starting to freak out..just a little. I can only get the phone tree for the court house no real person, that's where I have to be. Dad got to me in record time, I took his car and I flew to the city and of course had to park 3 blocks away. I remembered at the last minute that I have to leave my cell phone in the car. This makes me a little panicky. I am running, well not really, but walking quickly and I have no idea what time it is because I DON"T HAVE MY PHONE. I get to the guard and he scans my huge bag and asks what electronics I have in there. What? None. I left my phone in the car. He searches it and finds my camera...ok, so what. I get this speech about how I know better and I have to take this back to my car before I can come in the building...I Am Late..(I think). After trying to explain that I don't have time to run back he says sorry you can't come in. I offered him the camera as a gift. He then put it in the gun safe and lectured me on how I should follow rules better..yes by now I am crying, yup I did, I figured it was what he wanted and I didn't want to drag it out so I gave the tears and red runny nose and all. He told me to relax..... oh, my. He eventually let me go up...unreal! I had my appointment all went well not as stressful as I had thought, just exhausting. I got my camera back from the power trippin court house guard and got to the car and MY PHONE, the world did not melt down while my phone was in the car.. oh thank goodness. From here everything works out well except for the fact that Dad had to take my car to the dealer to get a new tire , the rim was ok....thanks for small favors! I met him there and drove back here to the bat cave. Danny will pay dad for my boo boo when he gets back..poor guy. That was my morning!...Yes, I'm still kinda sick but I am back here and all's good. He will get his chemo tomorrow and then we go home. Even if we had left today I would have had to drive back tomorrow so this is ok. Jed is having a little school right now...and maybe will eat something later..I hope. So that's all that's new. I guess when I was complaining about nothing happening I should have shut up! Gotta run, the bat cave calls...Love Jed and Kristin

1 comment:

Meg said...

Oh dear Kristen. That really sounds just like a day I've had. As a matter of fact I'm certain I've had that exact day once or twice. Minus the court house of course. Love to our Jeddy.
Meg