Monday, March 3, 2008

Howdy. Jed had a good weekend. Saturday he was up and dressed by 8:30 am! Now this is the kid that I sometimes have to wake at 5pm because he has been sleeping all day! He was excited for the day of cooking with his Uncle Adam. He was picked up, they shopped for all the stuff and then they cooked all day. It was all delicious. They sauteed shrimp, they breaded and fried shrimp and oysters, steamed oysters, made crab cakes, sauteed scallops and grilled steak. There was also all the side stuff. Big Feast! We ate about 6:30 and by 7 Jed was having a meltdown. He was soooo tired, all he wanted to do was go home and sleep. I had just finished eating so he and I left. Dan and Savannah stayed to eat cake and help clean up. I told Jed he saved me from at least another 1,000 calories by making me get up because I would have picked while I sat at the table even though I was full! Jed and I did get cake though, I ate mine in bed Saturday night! awesome food, I think dad liked his birthday dinner.
Sunday Jed and Dan went to the game store so Jed can do whatever it is he does with his games. Trades them and stuff like that! So he had new games to play Sunday evening. He fell asleep at 6:30 pm anyway! I think he was still recovering from Saturday. He had some problems sleeping last night (probably because he went to bed so early!) so I was in there hanging out a lot. He was up and dressed this morning again at about 9:30! He is now taking a nap! He has this yucky crappy cough and stuffy nose thing going on. Poor guy. Tomorrow we go to clinic, the plan is to be admitted for 3-4 days of chemo but I don't know if that's going to happen because of this cough and runny nose. But of course I still have to do all the laundry and pack and straighted up just in case we do stay. I guess I could just leave tomorrow with the dishes in the sink and the sheets in the washer and all the laundry on the floor but I won't. Danny and Savannah are so busy it would all be there when we got home anyway!
I think that is all that's going on in our extremely exciting lives. Whoo hoo! I'll let ya all know what happens tomorrow. Love Jed and Kristin

3 comments:

Meg said...

Man that dinner sounds amazing......Think Jed will cater my wedding???

Love Ya
Megan

Alfonze said...

Jed Whats up. My names Alfonze and i caught the link to your blog while bidding on a sweet ol guitar on Ebay. Im from New York City and i play a lil bit of music sometimes. i dont know what kind of music you like but when youre not cookin up a storm you should check out my band and stuff at our myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/thedigisup
We're called the dig. maybe youll enjoy it. either way, just thought id stop by and say hello. be good buddy.
alex

Anonymous said...

Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,you and uncle Ad did a GREAT job with my supper.That was the Best B-day meal i have ever had.I hope you guys will prepare many more delicious meals for all of us. SMOOOOOOCHES on your little bald head,Love you,HOPS