Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hey everyone. Well Jed is having some pain issues. The steroids and his other chemo drugs are really giving him a lot of bone pain. He can't sit for very long and then he has trouble getting up. This evening it really seemed to ratchet up a few notches. We were thinking of heading to the hospital because his oral meds are not touching this pain. We decided, with the Dr, to try adding a second fentenyl patch and to give him double the morphine dose to try to get on top of the pain instead of chasing it. There are no beds at the hospital anyway so he would have to get all his pain meds in the ER.... again....please no! I am waiting to see how this works, hopefully it will calm the pain down. He's pretty snowed right now!
Between this and dealing with all of Savannah's financial assistance papers I feel a little nutty (more than normal). Her application to American has been received and she sent one to Towson and Rutgers. There are a few more on her list too! I know she is a no brainer for Towson but the big hope is American (it's more than double the price), anyway there are so many aid papers and the student loan situation is a real mess. I am thinking that there might finally be an upside to me not working...my w2 was embarrassing and that is actually a good thing with all of this! The other day I was feeling pretty good about the fact that I have a kid as driven as she is, don't know how that happened, but if she gets into American and then we can't dig up the money I will feel so very bad. Ya know I wish I had known at the age of 17 and 18 that the decisions I was making would directly effect my child when she was that age. Never have I regretted skipping college more than I do now. A better paying job would have made a huge difference, I wish I had been smarter.
Anyway so we are working on all this stuff and then we find out that American has a NCP, that is a non-custodial parent information sheet that MUST be filled out. Of course that was a little bit of an issue but it is supposedly going to be done tonight. we shall see. Filling out the papers does not obligate you financially but they do use it to judge the student's "need". How stupid.
Whatever, cross your fingers, a yes to A.U. would be amazing! So that's it. I am making Jed his regular diet of sliced potatoes in the oven and a hot dog. The bun must not be broken and it should be toasted. Yes master!
gotta go Hey to Amy :)
love Jed and Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I'm sorry about all the stresses. Give Jed a big hug. I really hope you guys don't have to go to that darn ER. Don't stress about finances, stressing doesn't make anything better. Tell Savannah good luck with her schools and of course keep up posted. First Canning weekend tomorrow!

-Christie