Monday, October 6, 2008

Hi ya'll. Jed is starting to feel better. Friday he and I headed to the grocery store. We made it about halfway through when he had to go home because he felt so bad. Saturday he felt a little better and Sunday he spent the day at his dad's. Today we finally made it back to the grocery store and all the way through! He is having some back pain and nausea but he finished the steroids Sunday morning and I can see a difference already.
We worked on our front porch this weekend. It was so rotten that when I hit it with a hammer the hammer stuck in the wood...yuck! We , Dan, Dad and I, ripped it all down and then we put it back up again! Well Dad did most of that part! We still have to put up the support posts and the railing and some trim but the framing and decking is finished...yea! It looks great and I will never have to paint it ever! I have lots of pictures of dad working and Danny watching...ok, helping! Today I started getting the paint off the brick out front. It seems that whenever the former owners painted any part of the porch they splattered paint all over the brick. That is just a ton of fun...stripping and scrubbing the brick. It will take me awhile to get it all off but it looks better already. So that's what we did all weekend. Busy busy! Jed would come out and sit in the sun for a little while and then go back to his room. He did manage to come out long enough on Saturday morning to explain to Dan how to make the support posts holding the roof while we worked. He knew how many nails Dan should put in and the exact spots to put them! He does like to direct!
That's all the news. My house is a wreck, full of tools and junk. Our dining room table seems to always be covered in stuff, drives me crazy. I need and organizer person to explain to me how to get it all straightened up and where to put stuff! Oh well.
Gotta go I am tired!
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: