Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hey, so what's new? Yesterday was a wash, not only the crappy weather but with us too. We did a lot of nothing! Jed woke up yesterday in pain, he was bad on and off throughout the day. Near 3pm it got worse so I called the clinic. They said to double his morphine every 2 hrs over night. It seemed to do the trick pretty quickly. He was asleep before 5pm. Ya know if people were listening in on our house we would probably horrify them, Danny was headed upstairs and I asked him to "make sure Jed is breathing" he said "yup, he's breathing", I said "poke him and make sure he is pink"! We are so matter of fact about that, We really don't mean it that way...sort of. Anyway Jed wandered down here at 8pm to watch the biggest loser, I watched it while I ate the Halloween candy we bought to hand out tomorrow!!! So sad. I turned around and Jed was standing there with his butt hanging out, I said "what are you doing?" He said " I'm Joe the Plumber"!!!! What a nut. We still have to carve our pumpkins. This weather is very sucky. I am not a fan of the cold and really dislike the grayness.
Jed had school Monday evening and they got a lot accomplished. I guess that's about it.
I shouldn't be complaining. I belong to a listserve for parents of relapsed ALL kids. I never post but I always read them. It is a big reality check for me. The kids on here are so incredibly sick it's unbelievable. A new family joined this morning and the mom wrote that her son had relapsed yesterday, but he was only originally diagnosed in September so it is an early relapse...not good. To top it all off this child had a stroke 2 months ago because of a reaction to a chemo drug....and he is only 2 1/2. Very frightening. Another kid now has major brain damage because with his very weak immune system he developed meningitis, he is 5 and lives in Australia. There are so many and they are so much sicker than Jed...I have to remind myself of that when he starts to feel bad and I worry. He is sooooo much better than all these other kids. And then there is always the "teacher factor". Sometimes he seems to get worse when it's getting close to school time! Yesterday I gave him the meds he needed but I kind of tried to ignore all the drama thinking that he would get better or forget about it. Of course that did not happen and then I felt bad because I was trying to act like nothing was wrong...poor Jed! Today is Wednesday, I wonder how he will feel when he wakes up he took all 20 of his methotrexate last night. We shall see!
I have to say as much as I am a news junkie and really into the election I am sooooo ready for it to be over! I wonder why PA does not have early voting??? Jed always goes to vote with me and if Savannah is home I'm sure she will go too....it's a very big deal.... GO VOTE!!!
I guess that's all for now, I have let Jed sleep in long enough, I felt bad for him this morning so I am slacking!
Love Jed and Kristin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha Jed the Plumber!
love it