Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hi. Trick or treat was tonight, we had fun. Megan brought Jase up, he was dressed as a knight! Jed went with them trick or treating, he didn't dress up or get candy he just walked along. How many 11 yr old boys don't ask for candy?? Grace stopped by to check out the scene. Savannah and I worked on our political pumpkins last night and Jed and I did the others today. we have been busy with our creativeness! I am making slippers for Jed, I have 1 finished, it took me 5 days. Needless to say, I have had some issues with the slipper.
Jed is feeling ok today. When there is something he wants to do he can sort of push aside the crappy feeling but as soon as that's finished he is finished! His pain issue seems to be under control right now but he walks slow and sometimes needs help getting up...(so do I but i don't think that counts). So anyway he is ok, better than a few days ago and his methotrexate didn't seem to get to him as much this time. Good!
I am very glad the candy is out of my house. I know I ate just about a whole bag of "fun size" snickers all by myself, they were fun alright. I broke down and opened the bag of peanut butter cups this morning, great breakfast. I am grateful we had no peanut M & M's, I would definitely be sick right now. I just could not make myself "back away from the candy bags" I even had a pocket full of wrappers after I finished handing out candy...so sad. I am not the only one in this house that ate the candy though, Jed ate starbursts and Danny ate whatever was open. Yes it's good that it is all gone but now I have to go through withdrawal...candy detox is so hard. I guess I will have to concentrate on the other slipper, yippee.
I am really tired of all the campaign phone calls. No I do not want to go see Sarah Palin tomorrow...yuck... BUT Bill Clinton did call me..we're friends, we rapped about voting and stuff. I thought I was special until my neighbor said he called her too, and he called the other neighbor,oh well. Ok, yes it was just a recording, I knew that. I didn't try to talk back to it or anything.. really
My household is extremely into the presidential campaign stuff. Savannah sits with her map every evening trying to predict the electoral college votes and Jed watched Obama on TV last night and he watched Keith Olberman's and Rachel Maddow's shows afterward!! Thank goodness he has stopped the "I'm Joe the Plumber" announcements every 5 mins. Danny is even hooked on it all. I am so proud! Yes we are a tad obsessed. But just like trick or treat, it will all be over soon. I don't think it's any healthier than the candy either! Thank goodness we all have the same political feelings in this house or there might be a problem. Well I guess not, the people with the other opinions would just have to move!
Ok, gotta go. I have no clue what we are doing tomorrow but Saturday is the Hershey Toy Ride. We rode last year for the first time, I hope Jed is feeling up to going again.
Love Jed and Kristin check out the pics I posted under here

No comments: