Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wow I waited almost a week! I guess by that you can tell not much is happening here! Jed had clinic on Tuesday and his counts are good. We don't have to go back for a month!!!!!!! Of course after that he has 8 hr infusions every Tuesday for 5 weeks but for now we have a month off! We made a plan with the Dr. as to how to handle the transition back to school. Getting him to go has been a problem. His Dr. said it is going to take him awhile to feel up to going and to have the strength and endurance to make it even a few hours. He has been knocked down so far he needs some time to recover. He doesn't feel so good when he gets up so mornings are out and he is anxious about not being caught up with everyone else. We decided to concentrate on getting a schedule set at home. So all week he has been getting up at 8am and the hope is he will go to bed earlier. He also has to do some kind of physical activity everyday. A couple of days this week he walked with Grace and I and the other days he did his Wii fit. One afternoon he spent at Grace's playing with Jase. One day we made sloppy Joe's, got chips and a Happy new house cake and took it to Dj's new house for them and last night Uncle Adam and Tiersa took Jed and DJ to the haunted hayride. I got to babysit Livi-mac!!!! But she crashed by 7pm! Oh well so much for the party! Jed and DJ liked the hayride but Jed was a little scared! He hung on to Uncle Adam! When he went to bed I told him to think of something nice so he wouldn't have bad dreams. He starts saying "baby lamas frolicking in a happy field" over and over! Weird little kid!
Dj is headed back over here today sometime to play Wii. Jed got his thank you notes finished from his birthday but I forgot to tell him where NOT to write on the back of the postcards! So now I have nowhere to put the addresses and I have to find envelopes to fit the postcards! Needless to say they will be even later going out!
I was very busy this week! I cleaned the kitchen top to bottom and we got rid of our diner booth in the kitchen...it was falling apart. I got a table and chairs from my parents basement that belonged to my dad's grandma! It's yellow.....very cool! The next day I emptied and cleaned the dinning room and moved some stuff around. I had so much junk shoved into drawers and cabinets! It's all gone now! This coming week I guess I will head upstairs. I want to paint the bathroom a different color.
Savannah's application has been received by American University...now we wait!
So that's the exciting week we have had!
What happened to the awesome weather?????? I do NOT like the cold...that means anything under 70. Oh well Love Jed and Kristin so do I paint the floor black or red?????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OR White and a cool accent rug.Or black or maybe red i don't know!

Savannah said...

no. the plan was that we are painting the BATHROOM floor black. and turquoise walls. remember??