Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hi. Clinic went pretty smoothly. Joanne took care of him again, he was ok, didn't freak out too much. They were taking pics of some of the kids to update the website with. Jed got to sit in the "quiet" room and play his DS while the guy snapped pics of him doing his thing.....hard job right?! So maybe he will end up on the website for Hershey Med peds Hem/onc.
I didn't get his counts yet but they must be ok because I did get an email telling me to start his chemo...lighter dose but at least he is started.
We went to Hershey this morning and came home for an hour and a half then we turned around and went back up 83. Instead of going right at Harrisburg we went left to the Harley dealer. Danny had to drop off his bike to get the 1,000 mile service. They are so nice there but geeze it is a haul!
Jed is feeling fairly good. His bones are very sore from the steroids. Yesterday after he had school he was stiff and extra sore from sitting so long.....too bad having school tomorrow anyway! I told him to stand up once in a while!
When we got home after all the riding around today I had to get him out of the car! Poor guy. So glad that will wear off soon.
A few people we are thinking about today, our little friend Angelina, we saw her today and she is scheduled for transplant in 5-6 weeks. She is achy and feels horrible. We saw The Dude...Eli. He had a clean scan a few weeks ago...all clear no sign of cancer. He was at clinic today for back pain....He and his parents are so super nice...fingers crossed for both. Next is our #1 nurse, Holly, she had a little baby boy..Adam...my brother's name is Adam..yay Holly!!!!! and last but certainly not least the 2 most awesome parents in the world, Trish and Pete, they were given a little baby..Lucas, as a foster child today. Best news I have heard in a very long time. All of you are in our thoughts.
Jed's thoughts are also on his book about Thomas Edison, he has a speech to give tomorrow about the book. He has made it VERY clear that he does not care that everyone else in the family loves to read...he does not...and he said he is not all that interested in Thomas Edison!!! He falls asleep as soon as he starts to read! Oh my, I feel the stress coming for tomorrow. He was not thrilled when I told him required reading was going to be a big part of his life for many more years...at least the next 11..probably shouldn't have told him that...too late.
So I think that is all for now. Savannah did all her laundry and I think I see a shirt I bought some time ago and only wore 1 time before it disappeared. I better snag it now~!
Gotta go
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: