Monday, March 7, 2011


THON 2008 partying in the hotel room.....
Dancing king

Today we received a beautiful book from the Gamma Phi and Acacia 2008 Seniors. It is a picture book from THON 2008. It is wonderful. Thank You all SOOOO much. Of course it took 3 times of going through it until I could actually see it I was crying so hard. We love it...again...thank you.

The Rock Star with his 2008 dancers ..
Jed and his dancers

I finished the first rag rug for the luncheon today. I am better at it this year, it looks pretty good. We are starting to accept donations for silent auction items. We also have a tax number now so donations may be written off. August 27th, write it down, put it on your calendar...be there!!!! With your help this year can be even better than last. We hope to see all of you.

The person designing our logo and website is working furiously, Kirsten we can't wait to see it :) We are getting there. If anyone is or knows of a CPA that has an understanding of non-profits we would be grateful to have someone willing to answer our questions as we go along.

Ok, so a little story about me...cause as you know...it's all about me.... :) Dishy
Anyway so I was very sick for about 2 weeks and this past week I have been so tired and nauseous. Someone mentioned...yick...menopause...WHAT? I think not.. I told them that I will jump off an overpass if that is why I feel horrible. That is when you start wearing elastic pants and shirts with kittens on them
(your kitten shirt doesn't count Tucker)...anyway that comment scared me into taking a good look at what I have been doing. About 3 weeks ago I was thinking about the burning feeling in my stomach and remembered Jed saying his stomach burned. He was put on zantac and it was fixed. I thought maybe the burning I have is something that zantac would help. Soooo, yes I started taking Jed's zantac...I have a ton. Well the burning went away withing 3 days! BUT after the scare with that word I started researching and realized that the dose of Jed's zantac was pretty high and it was making me nauseous and tired. YAY a reason! I really thought I was going crazy. So instead of throwing myself off an overpass I just bought over the counter zantac in a smaller dose and I felt much better!!!! Miracle! Yes I know that would be why you do not take your cancer kids meds, his zantac was making me pukey and his zofran was fixing it! again I know, stay away from Jed's meds. So that is the story of me today. I need to get a life. Seriously, between that, making a rug and talking to Kait about how she had to split a Happy Meal with her 2yr old sister on a family outing I have had an exciting day.
Yup, again.....yes mom... we are "Livin' the Dream"

Ok, that's all. I am still here, no overpass jumping today.

Jed and his LV.....
029

My son....Our Jed....
He is so cute!

Missing you Jeddie. I was having a tough day and when I opened the mail there was the book from the 2008 seniors...it is awesome. They love you as much as I know you love them. The luncheon planning is starting, so you can help other kids.
Mommy Loves you baby Jed
Love J & K









6 comments:

Savannah said...

menopause, Tucker's cat shirt, luncheon, Kirsten, Kait splitting her happy meal, Jed's meds, and "THON '08 Family Forever"

Could you have clumped any more things into one post?

Anonymous said...

Savannah it is all about her, remember!dish

Ariel Abramowitz said...

I am sitting here cracking up over breakfast (yes I know it's 11:30, I'm on vacation, so there). You are too much. I love it.

Becky said...

It really is all about you. 'Bout damn time.

Beth said...

I look forward to reading your words first thing every morning. Miss it when you take a day off.
Hope you are feeling better!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh I am so happy you guys received the book! I feel so bad it took so long to get it to you. I'm sure it's not always easy to look through some of those pictures but we just wanted to show you our continued love and support for Jed and your family!

Looking forward to the next time we are all able to be together, hopefully at the luncheon. :)