Thursday, April 14, 2011

If it was at all possible Jed was more excited this day than Savannah!

014

This was the day Savannah got her first car. Thank you Nana and Pappaw! I can say first car because this evening Nana and Pappaw bought Savannah her second car!!! I don't have any pictures yet she picks it up on Monday. It is the same car, a silver Jetta, but it is fresher and newer with more parts....kinda how I'd like to be if I could afford surgery. Anyway, it's very very cool and as far as I'm concerned very well deserved. All the stuff Savannah has had to live through and deal with she has not used it as an excuse to slack, get in trouble or give up. She has taken it all and used it to propel herself forward instead. I am very proud...I wish I could have bought her a car but...I can't so I am glad Nana and Pappaw did. Welp, that's what we did today.

017
aahhh, 2007, those were the days......


Here is a little story about me in my Family Law class last night...hhmm it might even be a good example of why I am not able to buy Savannah a car....

Law Prof: What does Mary have? (asking for the number of felonies)
Me: A little Lamb
Prof. and class: silence......
Yup could be a reason I am not all that professionally successful. At least I didn't sing "a little lamb, little lamb, Mary had a ...."

I will have to try to keep a lid on all that quick wit tomorrow. I am spending the day at school for a paralegal conference...yeehaw, sounds like a rip roaring good time...but there will be no singing nursery rhymes....I must keep my sarcastic and extremely witty self under control. To make the day even more fun...I have to dress like a grown up with a job...not the kinda job where you wear steel toe boots and jeans, like a real office kind of job...no Uggs, no Keens, no Converse...sigh.....I have one pair of pants that are not jeans or capris...thanks dad. He bought me a nice pair of "dress pants" quite some time ago...guess I better rip the tags off those babies. I suppose I cannot wear a t-shirt and hoodie either....big sigh. "those" kind of clothes AND I have to socialize and participate...shit.
Guess I better go to bed because the best part of this incredible day?? I have to get up at 5:30 am. yay and yes I am well aware that most people do this everyday...I don't care.

Dressed for success...
Jed73

Good night baby Jed, get ready we have a conference to go to tomorrow...yes you are coming too...wear your suit.
Mommy Loves you...always
Love J & K


1 comment:

Becky said...

I totally would have burst out into song. But then, I do that quite a bit.
As well as get into trouble for 'not dressing appropriately' at work.
Grown ups suck.