Saturday, April 30, 2011

So, at a time when I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and bummed with all the school work, the rain, my birthday and mother's day it was really cool to get an unexpected gift.


Danny and I went over to cut the grass (which is growing like crazy with all this rain) there were 3 plastic Easter eggs there. I was debating about what to do with them when Danny asked if there was anything in them. I thought no, then I shook one and found there were letters in them!







I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to read them. The fact that these kids and their family took the time to write the letters, put them in eggs and bring them to the cemetery was so super sweet. The best part for me though was knowing Jed was being thought of and talked about and remembered. Nothing makes me happier than knowing people are still thinking of him. The letters were sweet. Thank you girls. They are so lovely. Needless to say we all have sobbed over them. Great birthday gifts for me :)



This is my birthday gift from Danny...it's as close to that little bitty real dog as I am going to get! It's a baby Snoopy. I am going to carry him in my purse. Savannah gave me awesome note cards. I love them, they are very fancy looking.


Tomorrow we are going to Mom and Dad's for fried chicken and all the goodies...yum. The Mac is coming...she is the entertainment. We get dinner and a show :)

Well I think that is it. No rants today....just good stuff. Now back to my research paper...then I have another big one and 3 other papers. Yay....waiting for Danny to win the lottery...hurry.

Baby Jed, everyday is just so hard. I think of all you endured to be here with me and I know I have to keep going. I want you here but I would never ever wish you back to what you had to live through. I will stay here, missing you but knowing you are finally living the life you deserve. I have read that where you are there is no real time and that a lifetime here is just a moment there. So I will be with you in a moment. My heart breaks over and over trying to live without you.
Mommy Loves You...
Love J & K

No comments: