Sunday, April 17, 2011

Mini-THON Weekend
Savannah makes an appearance at almost all the local Mini-THONs, to encourage and show support. Usually Jared goes with her...they are quite a team. They talk about their siblings and they discuss Red Lion's mini-THON. This weekend Jared had his prom (yeah likely excuse)....so I went with Savannah to 2 mini-THONS. Poor Savannah! She spoke at Eastern's, I stood behind her...and said nothing. At Spring Grove all the 4 Diamonds families went onto stage and introduced themselves....of course Savannah spoke...I stood there and said nothing..seeing a pattern?? Except for Red Lion's Mini-THON I don't go to them. Without Jed I feel like there is no reason for me to be there, but I'm glad I did this weekend. I am not any help nor do I add anything but she didn't have to drive alone in the rain and I bought McDonalds. Spring Grove was great because there were other families there that I hadn't seen in awhile and I got to see the Copes.

Jed49

Still, it was way harder than I really thought it would be. Jed LOVED mini-THON. He considered Red lion's HIS mini-THON. This was just hard. He would have had such a great time. Lots of other boys there to run around and play with. His absence, for me, was overwhelming. I did have fun though. and God knows Jay and Tam can understand what I am feeling. This was Jaz's Mini-THON and her picture was everywhere. Spring Grove honored her well. Their total was over $43,000!

018

At one point there was a tornado warning. Jay and I decided that we would stand at the front doors and save everyone....kind of an inside joke....we know, as parents of children that have died we are going to be on this earth for freakin' ever. So we figured if we stood in front of the doors and waited for the tornado it would never come...we were right.

menjay
That's us...wearing our "thumbies" & protecting Spring Grove from the tornado. We rocked that job.

So that was yesterday. We left here about 1:30 and didn't get home until 10. It's good that we stayed later than we had planned because there was flooding and extremely high winds...not sure if there was a tornado or not.

Friday, the day I had a conference most of the day,....how official does that sound? "I had a conference"....ooooo, professional...yeah right. It went ok actually. I am glad I went, I learned a lot AND as things work in my twisted world, the paralegal that I sat with at lunch (she gave a presentation) has a daughter that battled cancer..yes her child battled cancer. Her daughter was in her 20's when she was diagnosed with hodgkins. She finished treatments a couple of years ago and is doing well. This woman was so thrilled because her daughter, a few months ago, gave birth to a little girl. They did not think she would be able to have kids after the treatments...the little girl's name is Hope. I'm not sure why the universe made sure I met her..but she is a very nice lady.
Today, I corrected my Civil Lit complaint, worked on my resume...(hahaha) and I finished my puffy, magnetic alphabet letters...don't ask. I'll post a picture at a later date.
Danny is busy busy selling guitars and recording equipment. He has discovered Craig's list....it is working great for him.
Right now I am supposed to be writing a paper for English and making notes for my debate in logic....I am doing neither. I am SO tired of writing for this English class....ugh....I have a little less than a month left in this semester...thank god. BUT my summer classes start about a week after this semester ends...woohoo.
Ok, that's all for now....I think.

Jeddie my love, the missing is so so big...as always. When I am with a bunch of parents that have kids running around I feel so completely pointless. I feel like the only person without a young child.....it sucks. Tucker Haas' mom said I can borrow him!!! He is such a funny kid. I remember the first time I saw him at THON. He was so small. I said to you, "oh Jed that little boy is very very sick", you were so sad about it but you said, "I think he will be fine." Well he seems pretty fine. I miss you lovey.
Mommy Loves You...forever
Love J & K

No comments: