Monday, September 1, 2008

Hi, Jed is doing well and feeling pretty good so of course tomorrow is supposed to be an admit for chemo. If his counts are good enough we will be in for at least 4 days. This admit is his LAST INPATIENT CHEMO!!!!!!! He still has over a year of chemo left but it all will be done at clinic and at home, it will not be a walk in the park but he should be past the really, really bad stuff! WOW. Look how far he has come! Amazing. He has done such a fantastic job getting through this. His strength is unbelievable. After this admit we will only stay in the hospital if he has a fever. Jed and I both know that is something that will happen but he accepts that (I'm trying). This is a great way to start his birthday month! I am so excited for Jed but I also don't want to get too happy, I don't want to jinx it!
I hope his counts are good so we can just get this over with.
He has had a good weekend. Saturday he spent with Nana and Pappaw. They went to the mall (the game store) and he rode his four wheeler and went for ice cream. Yesterday we had dinner at Mommo and Hop's. It was nice, everyone was there, A & Jack, Grace and Jim, Adam, Tiersa and Livi-Mac and of course all of us. I am still full!! Jed went down to see Livi again today. No one can get enough of that chunk of love! She's 4 months old and weighs 18lbs! We Buckley's don't grow no small children!
So anyway tomorrow is the 1st day of school! Savannah is a Senior....gulp. Jed will start back for an hour or so a day as soon as we get home and he recovers.
Welp I guess I better go start to get my stuff together. I thought I would unpack my "hospital" bag after this admit but I think I will just leave it packed. If it's packed maybe we won't go back!
I want to do something for all the 7 West nurses & staff but I don't know what. Any ideas? Everyone up there is amazing Docs, nurses, aides, housekeeping, child life, volunteers and even our laundry guy! ( he doesn't do mine unfortunately!) I need a good idea so help me!
Ok, really gotta go now,
Love Jed and Kristin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY JED (and Kristin)!
We're thinking of you and we miss you! Hope to see you soon and play some Wii!
Love,
Your Gamma Phi Girls

Anonymous said...

Hey Jed!! We wanted to send you a quick hello and just let you know we were thinking about you. We see you like to play Wii- a lot of the guys in college love that game (we're girls so we don't know much about it :) Our first canning weekend is coming up and we are all very excited. Good luck with school. We will see you soon. Stay strong because all of us at Gamma Phi and Acacia can't wait to eat at your restaurant some day :) What's your favorite food to cook?
Love,
Lauren, Liz, Melissa, Brianna, Jill, and Katie

Anonymous said...

4 Wheeler and Icecream? Sounds like a sweet day! And done listen to those girls above, my fellow GPhis may not know about Wii but some of us do (cough, cough ME!)
Everyones thinking of you.
Love,
Christie