Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Hi we are here at Hershey Med center, room 7266. This is Jed's LAST inpatient chemo!!!! I think I said that before but now it is really happening!!!!!! There was a sign on his door and streamers when we got here yesterday! It is so weird to see that sign and know it's on our room!!!! Jed was very happy, he said " mom, we got streamers!" So the plan is to get through this quickly and quietly and go home!! The only time we will be up here after that is for fevers. We know that will happen but that's ok. At least with fevers you come in feeling bad and leave feeling good. With chemo you come in feeling pretty good and leave feeling horrible! No more of that!! We will miss everyone up here but not enough to come stay! We will just visit. Jed has had a long hard 21 months but he has done it all and is on the road to maintenance. Maintenance is not a picnic but it's not anything like he has been doing. We still will be going to clinic every Tuesday and taking lots of pills. That's ok, it can be done! When I looked at the protocol when he first relapsed I remember thinking how will he be able to do this? But he did it!
Ok, that's all for now. We are here and with any luck we will be out by Sunday. Maybe Saturday! Hi to all our PSU friends. Everyone is back in Happy Valley and working hard! Hope to see you all soon.
Love Jed and Kristin

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jed,
I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well. It must have been so exciting to see the streamers decorating your door! I really enjoyed looking at all of your Camp Pictures. They were great. :-) The fall semester just started here at Penn State. We're already busy with the hustle and bustle of classes. We had our first football game this past weekend and Penn State beat Costal Carolina 66-10!! It was a blow out! Hope to see you soon! Take Care!
Love,
Sara Kahl
Gamma Phi Beta

Unknown said...

HI JED!!
I am SO excited to hear that today is your last inpatient chemo!! I hope you had a GREAT summer and you are all ready for the fall to start! I graduated from Penn State in May so I am not in happy valley this year but I look forward to making many visits and hopefully seeing you at THON next year!!
Have a great rest of the day :)


Love,
Danielle Manning
Gamma Phi Beta

Unknown said...

Jed,

Congratulations Buddy! I am so proud of you for making it through the roughest time. Although I have graduated from PSU, I will never graduate from THON and our families, especially yours! As I am working every day now, I wish that I was still in school where the environment was a little more free and you didn't have to wake up every morning to be at work by 8 AM. I work at an envelope manufacturing company and your mom was right about one thing...Maintenance is not a picnic! Although you are undergoing a different kind of maintenance than what I see every day working with the plant operations, it is a tedious process to getting machines back up to speed. I wish you the best of luck on this next journey and hopefully a quick and safe final recovery!

I look forward to staying in touch as you grow older. You and your family are an inspiration to me!

FTK, Love,

Susan Jania
Gamma Phi Beta Alum '08

Anonymous said...

HOP is VERY VERY Proud of you and YOUR MOM. LV UUUUS

Anonymous said...

Hey Jed!

I'm so proud of you for making it through so much and getting to your last inpatient chemo! It sounds like you made a great impression on all of the staff there and they will miss you greatly but are incredibly happy that you are doing so well! I'm happy to hear it too. I am no longer at Penn State because I graduated in the spring but I hope to keep up with your blog and maybe see you at Thon in February! Congrats and best wishes!

Love,
Jackie Laplante