Monday, September 15, 2008

So much for all my tough talk about school. Jed woke up this morning feeling crappy (literally). Of course I could not send him. He has also been stressing about not knowing what was going on when he got there. The math moves so fast that when he misses a day he can't make it up. So I talked to Mrs. Washko today. We decided he will go in the afternoons now for reading. When he is absent she will email me what he should read for the next class & that he can do without teacher help. He will do his math the 3 nights a week that she comes here. I explained all this to Jed and he was very relieved. He just gets so upset when he doesn't understand something, so this way he can work on the lessons that build on each other at home & just go to school for reading. That also helps me, because now I don't have the drama (trauma) of trying to get him up and ready in the morning! My hope is that if he is not as stressed his stomach will feel better and he will also be more inclined to go to school. So that's what's up for now.
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: