Monday, November 10, 2008

Hey all. How was your weekend?? Ours was great, we love canning weekends. We had 4 gamma Phi girls and 2 Acacia guys here for the weekend. They canned Saturday and a little bit on Sunday and raised over $$3,000.00, that is awesome. They all went out Saturday night to The Hungry Parrot and bowling, Jed was in heaven. Jared was here and went canning on Saturday too. PSU lost, that was the only crappy part of the weekend! These kids just amaze me, they NEVER get aggravated with Jed, no matter how many times he wants to play Wii, they do whatever he wants to do he whole time they are here!
On Sunday DJ and Amy stopped by, DJ's class in his new school made cards to get to know Jed, it was REALLY nice. Amy went in to do a craft and DJ said he wanted his new friends to get to know Jed. So cool, D is an awesome kid. Congrats to Amy's friend Kim and her family, they are getting a new baby on December 1st! Another little girl, Kiara is getting a sister!!!!
Speaking of new babies I didn't mention before but a family we got to know on the 7th floor, Alivia's, just adopted a baby boy, Griffin....we are so happy for you Emily and James.
I think that's about it, Jed is ok, he is tired and didn't feel well last night but I think he is just worn out from the party weekend he had. Of course he is feeling bad also because he has school tonight,,,,,,,,,this drives me nuts. He is fine once she is here but he seems to just anticipate it so much and he worries about his homework. I know he has trouble concentrating for long and he gets tired easily but it drives me nuts how much he stresses about making sure he gets nothing wrong. He absolutely hates getting something wrong and he would rather avoid it or put it off as long as possible instead of doing it and getting something wrong. It's hard also because when I make him work on his homework and he starts to feel bad I can't tell him to keep working, I have to let him lie down or sleep and then he starts to freak out because he slept when he needed to be doing his homework. It is a vicious circle! I can't wait until he is back at school and leading a normal life....but I guess no one wants that more than him. He said the other day,"I wish I was in school because I think I would like it, I don't really remember how it was to go everyday". Poor guy. I told him to just keep thinking it won't be long and he will be going to school everyday and not even thinking about all of this anymore.
He starts 4 weeks of 8 hour chemos every Tuesday tomorrow. On the 5th week he has a spinal tap and then starts 5 days of steroids & then he should have a month with just home meds again. That's the plan, we will see what happens.
I just got a text from Savannah, she doesn't feel well either. Oh yea. Welp, the laundry calls and I have some knitting to do...guess what people are getting for christmas!!!!????? Sorry in advance to all the poor people getting knitted gifts from me!
Love Jed and Kristin
Pics under here and as soon as I have some from the bowling trip I will put up a link

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I heard you guys did awesome canning this weekend, I wish I could have been there! I'll be up at PSU this weekend for the family carnival... please tell me you'll be there?

Not much else going on with me... I'm working and now the new coach the 7th and 8th grade girls' lacrosse team, so I've got a lot to keep me busy!

Can't wait to see you (hopefully this weekend!)

--K.Rob

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time! Again wish I could have come! But it looks like it was a blast! What a great job you guys did!
Miss you! Stay well!
-Christie