Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hey, well it was a no go for chemo again today!. His ANC is up to 280 and his white count is 1.4 but still not up where it needs to be to start this. Jed, of course, was not that sad to leave without chemo. I am kind of glad too. I was worried he would be sick for Thanksgiving and he loves Thanksgiving! So hopefully now since he has not had chemo in 3 weeks he will feel good and be able to eat. This day did not start off well anyway. I had a prescription for his EMLA cream that he uses on his port to numb it. I dropped it off a week ago Tuesday at our pharmacy, when I when to pick it up Thursday morning they told me they could not get it. I CALLED and ASKED CVS if they had it and they said yes if you bring us the prescription before 3pm Thursday we will have it Friday. Danny and I stopped Saturday to pick it up and they said "oh, it will be in Monday". I went there last night to pick it up.......yup you guessed it...they couldn't get it, now why do these places not call me and tell me this??? And why did they tell me they could get it when they couldn't!!!!! I was so upset, this creme is vital in helping to keep Jed calm. We put it on before we leave and by the time they access his port it is nice and numb. I spent an hour in the parking lot at CVS calling every pharmacy I could think of. I know I racked up a nice phone bill with all the 411s I dialed. Needless to say I just wanted to cry. Jed handled it very well. We put the creme on when we got there. Jed likes it to be on for at least an hour and a half but we could only wait an hour....AND Holly was off today. Jed really did handle all the little changes well. So anyway I think the infusion room nurse was glad the Jed was not ready because we didn't get counts back until 11, and then he had to go pee to check his PH level...it takes him forever to pee and he is never ready the first time. If he had gotten chemo today we would not have started until after 12 and it takes 5-7 hrs depending on his hydration. I know nurse Suzanne had to be relieved that we left! I did end up getting his EMLA at the pharmacy at the hospital. Then there was a problem with his morphine prescription!!!!!!! oh my. That added almost an hour to our wait.
But all is well, Jed is tired...from the stress! The good part was that Hop drove us today, I feel like a slacker when I don't drive us but it's nice sometimes! We will try again next week!
Tomorrow Jed is going shopping with Nana in the morning and then he is making corn bread tomorrow afternoon. Savannah is making cranberry salsa...awesome.... I have been given the only task I am qualified for, the green bean casserole!!!!!!! I can handle that. We are all headed to Adam's for the good stuff.
We had dinner Sunday at mom and dad's, Livie was there. oh Adam and Tiersa too but Livi was there. I knitted her a pair of UGGS and a fuzzy sweater for Christmas, I took them to try them on her, glad I did, I gave them to her right then because she will probably outgrow them by Christmas!!!! She is her same old squeezy self, trying so hard to talk!
So that's all for now, I'm sure I'll have pics from the holiday. We wish everyone a great turkey day. Enjoy your families.

No comments: