Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hi again. So anyway here's the dirt....well story anyway. Jed had a great weekend like I said before but by Sunday night he was pale & tired. I just figured the weekend knocked him out. Monday he cried when I woke him up, not that uncommon...he is not fond of getting up before noon. He stayed upstairs all day Monday and about an hour before the teacher was supposed to be here he started crying that the pain was much worse than normal. Of course I immediately thought it was his "schoolitis". But he wanted me to call clinic and they said by the time we got there he would have to go to the ED. He said he wanted to go anyway so I knew he was not just trying to avoid school work. I still kinda had a few doubts though when he asked to stop at McDonald's on the way up! He ate some chicken strip things and some fries. He said "well I know it's not my pancreatitis because that food would have made it 10 times worse"! I don't know if he was really hungry or just testing a theory. We waited barely an hour in the waiting room...that's fantastic but then we hit a wall, we never left there! The 7th floor was full so he stayed in the ED the whole time! His pancreas levels were elevated when we got there but by the next morning they were fine again. His stomach pain was lessened with IV morphine...of course and he needed blood. His white count was only .3, and everything else was low too. He got some blood and slept a lot and got lots of morphine and woke up yesterday about 5pm ready to go! We were out of there by 5:30! Deana, our nurse practitioner, came down and got us out of there quickly! That was the 1 good thing about not going upstairs, we got discharged fast! So by the time we left I had been awake for around 36hrs and Jed had had a good rest. He wanted steak for dinner, so of course we stopped at the store on the way home, he got steaks, mashed potatoes and Cinnamon buns. I was trudging through the parking lot and he was dancing and howling at the moon, yeah guess the blood helped! I made all the stuff when we got home. Thank goodness he was asleep buy 10:30pm, I couldn't have made it any further! So now he is feeling ok. We go back in the morning for counts and probably more blood. He didn't get his 8hr chemo yesterday naturally so hopefully his counts will be high enough by next Tuesday to start. They only really bad things about not going upstairs are comfort things..mainly for me! I had a waiting room type chair, no cell service, the bathroom was down the hall and I didn't know the nurses so I didn't leave unless I REALLY had to pee or to send a quick text home. By yesterday afternoon I got brave enough to run to the cafeteria , only because Jed didn't like the cereal selection the nurses had & by then I REALLY needed coffee & chocolate. So that is the latest excellent adventure of Jed and Kristin. i don't care to repeat it again but odds are...we will. The only thing that I was told this time that I haven't heard before was that Jed has a heart murmur. They told me that it is not uncommon and only is really noticeable when his counts are low because his heart has to work so hard to get the blood to where it needs to be. No one seemed worried about it and when I asked they said it's not a big deal at all. Ok, I guess in the grand scheme of things they are right but I am not telling Jed because he would stress about it.
Everyone else here is ok. Savannah got all our stuff packed in case we needed it, now I have to go unpack it! She is having work issues. She was only hosting, then she started to serve and really didn't like it. She wanted to go back to just hosting but the bosses there won't give her all her hosting shifts back so she will only work 2 days a week & that is not enough $ for her. I told here it's completely up to her where she works but to drive her car she has to have a job. I can't afford to gas her up and i don't want her taking money from her savings just to drive. So we will see what happens. No matter where you work there are jerks.....everywhere!
Ok, I guess that's it for now. I played with my camera all night and took all kinds of pictures in our little room and when I put the card in to load them to my laptop there were only 2 pics on the memory card.....weird.
We are headed to the mall when Danny gets home so Jed can pick up a game that he ordered & I can get him a new Sim card for his phone, it just stopped working...weird, again. Then Jed is taking us to to dinner at Chili's! He has a gift card from there that his school nurse, The wonderful Mrs. Kirby, gave him. Not a bad deal, I'm up for some fajitas....and some more sleep!
Love Jed and Kristin

No comments: